Night Vision scopes.

Bicko92

Pigeon watch members!

I've been having a crisis of recent with night vision scopes. Third world problem i know but i just don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Ive tried the Pard NV008 and the ATN 2 HD

Both costing around £600, i expected to see my targets with ease. The Pard had a technical fault so i had to return that, it was an issue with the reticle which was apparently a common issue. I used the scope as a spotter for one night and it was ok but wasn't blown away with it. I was offered the ATN as a replacement. ive had two nights out with it now and im dissapointed to say the least. Battery life is abysmal and the performance is  worse than the PARD by a long way. 

Should i give up and just go back to lamping or is there any other products anyone would recommend? Vermin control is part of my job so efficiency is key. 

Shooting a .17 HMR and a .243 depending on target, stalking or out of the car is my normal situation, mostly solo shooting. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi i used a photon 4.5 x 42 xt  i know a lot of people say they cant get use to them etc i had no problem with it its black and white veiwing this is what most people see as a problem as you dont see the colour of the target as you would thru a normal scope no matter witch one you use spend time looking thru it at night not on a rifle looking at your intended targets you will find you will get use to it and find your targets quicker  hope this helps