difference between pigeon grade and trap grade rating

Lars1

I can’t find any reference to a ‘Goose’ model, but it wasn’t the Marlin I’m confusing it with; am beginning to think I dreamt it now. 
The Model 12 in 20 bore I owned was also S1 and also take down, and had the hard rubber or Bakelite butt-plate, with the ‘Winchester Repeating Arms Co’ monogram moulded into it, and the New Haven address stamped on the solid rib. It was unproofed as it had been smuggled into the UK many moons ago from New Zealand and was kept ‘off ticket’ .

Another one I shouldn’t have let go. 

21 minutes ago, Scully said:

I can’t find any reference to a ‘Goose’ model, but it wasn’t the Marlin I’m confusing it with; am beginning to think I dreamt it now. 
The Model 12 in 20 bore I owned was also S1 and also take down, and had the hard rubber or Bakelite butt-plate, with the ‘Winchester Repeating Arms Co’ monogram moulded into it, and the New Haven address stamped on the solid rib. It was unproofed as it had been smuggled into the UK many moons ago from New Zealand and was kept ‘off ticket’ .

Another one I shouldn’t have let go. 

The 20 bore model 12 s were nicely balanced guns . I owned a plain barrelled model with 25 inch barrel full choke. I put a recoil pad on mine to lengthen the pull so still have the butt plate somewhere in the house. I owned a 16 bore BPS recently but sold it off as it was nowhere near as slick. There is a light 12 bore Ithaca , 6lb 6 oz with a ventilated rib on guntrader that I think would be a good buy and more reminiscent of the older lighter pump actions Butt pad on the 20 bore model 12 I think would be Bakelite as mine snapped when it came off

Edited by Konor
Extra info

On 13/02/2020 at 21:38, Scully said:

There was a ‘Goose’ model also. I owned one. The 32” barrel was like looking down a drain pipe and was choked full. It was a take down S1 and was complete in its original wood, canvas and leather case. 
I should never have parted with it. 😕

Sounds awesome. Something about very long barrels. Still looking for a 34" Greener Gp after passing one up. Very few people ticked that option. 

41 minutes ago, theshootist said:

Sounds awesome. Something about very long barrels. Still looking for a 34" Greener Gp after passing one up. Very few people ticked that option. 

It was an awesome gun to be honest! The smell when you opened the case was like nectar to a shooting man! Decades of gun oil, cordite and cleaning materials...wonderful. I sold it to a ‘fowler in Southern Ireland who said he wanted it for sitting in dyke bottoms! 
I was going through a bit of a personal tragedy at the time, and money was tight, otherwise I’d still have it.