General Licence extension

Didn’t WJ recently send a “letter before action” to DEFRA insisting they do not extend the temporary GL hurriedly issued last year, after WJ’s previous threatening letter? And threatening them with court action if they did?.......if so it appears DEFRA have stood firm......this being the case, we’ll see if WJ are up for a fight or are just the bullies, buffers and blaggers I suspect they are?

cabinet re shuffle theresa villiers has been axed as min for defra the new one is. George. Eustice who is a  yorkshire  mp and his family have a very large Devon fruit farm  they  have schools open days rare breed pigs ..and best of all..he shoots as well...so good news there then..Fruit...pigeon...pest control. Guns do shoot Over fruit field of theirs?????? Nice choice of minister Boris...

Edited by clay shooter

Hi  I wonder how long wild justice can keep this up if they start court action  against DEFRA  hopefully it would prove very costly for them, 

Surely they only have limited funds  depending on what they can crowd fund,  it would be interesting to see  our shooting organisations get together and suck WJ  pot dry  another way of skinning a cat maybe   But it could prove to be costly for our shooting organisations and us as well 

Who’s got the teeth to call their bluff?

Edited by silver fox 1

13 minutes ago, wigeon jim said:

We can all start a crowdfunding page to fight them, where do I send my £20?  Jim.

Me too!..........If I was persuaded we had a better than even chance of winning, because then, not only would we win, but hopefully our opponents would have to pay all costs including ours!:good:....if we lost, the boot (and the costs!) would be on the other foot, and that would be ruinous for shooting!

3 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Me too!..........If I was persuaded we had a better than even chance of winning, because then, not only would we win, but hopefully our opponents would have to pay all costs including ours!:good:....if we lost, the boot (and the costs!) would be on the other foot, and that would be ruinous for shooting!

"Read Luke xiv 31" was the famously succinct telegram sent by Cecil Rhodes when his associate Dr Jameson proposed an armed incursion in Africa.

"Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?"  

Leigh Day, the firm that provided cut-price legal services to WJ last year, have a track record of obtaining enormous sums of money for themselves by pursuing claims against the government.   Last year the Defence Select Committee was told that Leigh Day had already received £11 million of taxpayers' money from the Ministry of Defence in cases alleging misconduct by troops in Iraq, and that their final payout was likely to be in excess of £20 million.

Their skill in using the legal system is beyond doubt, and please note that knowledge of the facts is NOT required for a successful legal action:   "During an uncomfortable two-hour question and answer session, Mr Day admitted that he had never visited Iraq, and that only one of his firm's 500 staff had ever travelled to the country, and on only one occasion."    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/08/lawyers-witch-hunt-british-troops-earn-11m/

2 hours ago, silver fox 1 said:

Okay  so this firm of solicitors are  good at what They do,  do we just do nothing and watch our sport, way of life be eroded by these people?

Certainly not, but panoma1 correctly drew attention to the risks involved in a head-on attack against a powerful opponent.   Perhaps we need a more subtle approach, and should remember the thoughtful young man who "..... took his staff in his hand, and chose him five smooth stones out of the brook ....."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...