Cummings? . . .and the media?

Retsdon

So Javid chose to resign rather than sack all his advisers on Number 10's orders? Number 10 in this case was of course Cummings. Whatever - thus far nothing to see here. From a general perspective this is pretty much par for the course from the rat's nest of individuals that passes for Her Majesty's government these days. 

What is interesting though is the reaction to this strange reshuffle in the current comments section of the Daily Mail. It seems that the majority of people there aren't happy that an un-elected adviser with zero accountability can basically engineer the resignation of the Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Is it finally dawning on Middle England that it has been gulled by a clique of Maoist chancers with opaque motives?

3 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

So Javid chose to resign rather than sack all his advisers on Number 10's orders? Number 10 in this case was of course Cummings. Whatever - thus far nothing to see here. From a general perspective this is pretty much par for the course from the rat's nest of individuals that passes for Her Majesty's government these days. 

What is interesting though is the reaction to this strange reshuffle in the current comments section of the Daily Mail. It seems that the majority of people there aren't happy that an un-elected adviser with zero accountability can basically engineer the resignation of the Chancellor of the Exchequer.

Is it finally dawning on Middle England that it has been gulled by a clique of Maoist chancers with opaque motives?

Not to worry, just four years and you can vote to oust Boris. 👍
I had to wait decades to get the chance to vote for what I wanted. 🙂

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

Not to worry, just four years and you can vote to oust Boris.

I can't vote. I'm just a neutral observer....

3 minutes ago, Scully said:

I had to wait decades to get the chance to vote for what I wanted.

It was what what you wished for. Good luck...

Edit: But did you really vote for this lot?

Edited by Retsdon

5 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Do you believe everything you read/see in the media? Because it’s all speculation! Unless you have inside info....you can’t know what goes on behind the door of number 10...........You are just putting your own spin on things! You seem to have an anti government agenda?

4 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

You are just putting your own spin on things!

No I'm not. Javid was basically ordered to sack his departmental advisers and replace them with No 10's (read Cummings) appointees. And he refused and resigned.

It's all out there if you'd care to look.

Edited by Retsdon

4 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

I can't vote. I'm just a neutral observer....Neutral? Really?

It was what what you wished for. Good luck... Thanks; I have no regrets.

Edit: But did you really vote for this lot? Who it was wasn't important, getting out was. Like I said above; no regrets.

36 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

I very much doubt it, but beautifully worded though🙄

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

It was what what you wished for.

I voted for change, to avert the disaster continued eu membership promised.

I see people in charge who, are very serious about bringing good reforms to the country, our economy,  and our political system.

I see good things ahead, I'm happy with the direction,  and I am far from alone in this respect. 

1 hour ago, Retsdon said:

EQrG-wVW4AEGCHM?format=jpg&name=900x900

The nip is in the second and fifth paragraphs.

Not at all. Just expressing concern for my own country.

I am sceptical of the motives of anyone in politics and any reports in the media.......just because someone says (or writes) something, it seldom devoid of spin and is not necessarily unequivocally true!...........And it never discloses personal hidden motives or agendas!.....
How do we the public know the new arrangements will not benefit the country? Equally how do the public know it will be bad for the country?
Only time will tell but you appear to have made up your mind?

Happy days. Just have the courage to own the consequences.

Do you know what's going to happen? The vulture capitalists are going to take the country off where nobody can hear it squeaking and rip the money making enterprises away at a discount price and repatriate them back to America / China/ Hong Kong/ or wherever.

And the people who helped facilitate this  - think all those odd surnames in the cabinet for a start - will be amply rewarded with directorships. In other words,  Britain is about to be worked over  - and it's a crying shame. But hey that was democracy in action.......the democratic right to shoot yourself between the legs.....

Edited by Retsdon

3 hours ago, Retsdon said:

No I'm not. Javid was basically ordered to sack his departmental advisers and replace them with No 10's (read Cummings) appointees. And he refused and resigned.

It's all out there if you'd care to look.

If Cummings is so all powerful then why are we going ahead with HS2? A project Dom is known to be against.

Boris doing what politicians do, and allowing others to take the flak.

Yes clearly No.10 is annexing the treasury. I guess we'll see what the results are. Hopefully having the two offices in tandom they might actually get something done?