Warts 'n' all

Centrepin

What a day! Daughter couldn't come with me she had a migraine. Arrived at clay ground to find I was the only one to be shooting today. The sites tele handler had rolled and all hands to right it.

A lot of stands damaged by rain, wind, frost or just not working. I decided to try the Skeet/Compak. 5 traps supposed to be working but in reality 1 was dead, 1 was intermittent then died leaving 3 available sometimes. I had to press for myself, which was awkward as I had to turn half way round, press 2 buttons and hope they worked. Turn back, close the gun, then mount and with the clay already up try and get on it. So having made my excuses for missing,  some random warts 'n' all videos. No idea how to join them and YouTube so there as is.

For those of you who are into facts and figures, I shot two patterns first on the paper i had at exactly 35m. I had intended to do it with screen shots of the red dot for zeroing but for some reason my phone dropped from 83% in 40 minutes travel to 2%. 

I shoot a Miroku MK38 Sport, 30" barrels, bottom fired first, choked skeet. Top barrel, imp cylinder. Lyalvale Express superlight, 67mm, 21grams, 7 1/2s, fibre.

I have mobility problems which affects my balance and trouble raising my left arm above shoulder height. My heavier gun stays steadier than a lighter gun which can wobble.

Two patterns first.

20200213_114216.jpg

20200213_124015.jpg

20200213_145247.jpg

20200213_144506.jpg

9 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

Is that Boar shooting ground?

It certainly is. They had just installed a high tower with sim game that was awesome.

You can press for a 20 or 40 bird continuous, each bird different as they come off a wobbler. Some come on delay, some so fast you can only load one barrel. Occasionally 3 in the air at once. I've shot it with two others, with my son and on my own. Well worth the effort.

I hope they're up and running to full strength again soon. It's a very under used venue. Busy at a weekend, but often I have it almost to myself mid week.

That’s great. We used to shoot our gundog group’s annual clay competition there. Can be devilish in the wind on those exposed hills! Finishing off on the team simulated game flush was brilliant fun. Sadly we have moved to a lowland venue 5 mins from my house, which gives me a home advantage but is a bit of a bus man’s holiday.