Mattress - I need a new one

Penelope

I'm thinking of getting a new mattress and have been considering one of the new'ísh all foam type.

Eve, Emma, Casper and Dormemo are all advertised on TV and sound great if you listen to be blurb. The Emma has been highly rated by Which.

I prefer a firmer mattress.

Any recommendations, please gents? 

Hi

Changed mine to an Emma just before Christmas past, on their 40%? off deal. Back troubles needed it done.

Seems to be a significant improvement over the previous pocket-sprung - they give 90?days return if not suitable.

Tricky bit on any mattress is trying for adequate time - not possible in-shop - and even if trailed at home hanging on to old'un just in case is not easy/practical............

Bit like scopes really - your eyes are yours so recommendations probably mean owt.

I've had a Dunlopillo previous - lasted well until replaced under warranty 8yrs into 10, prefer foam n firm meself.

L

I used to work in that particular industry, having seen and been part of the production process in my opinion you can't go wrong with a decent pocket sprung mattress.

Pillow topped mattress's are ok for a few years but the tops sag in the end. 

I'm currently laying on the basic pocket sprung from the company I used to work for, it's 6 years old and has been turned regularly and it's still supportive and comfortable.

Edited by Farmboy91

Hi Paul...... We got a new Sealy sprung mattress about a couple of months ago , we went to a bedding place near us to try them out and weigh the prices up , when we got home I had a look on line to compare the price and the cheapest by far for exactly the same mattress was Mattress online , or Online mattress , it was over £100 cheaper , free delivery and you pick your day for delivery , they ring you up on the morning to tell you roughly what time they arrive and they were bang on the time , two people in the cab and they brought it into our bedroom and made sure it was the right one , very good service and well pleased with the mattress.

Be careful and think before purchasing my old mattress was 32 years old when my wife decided we needed a new one my old one was so comfortable when you went to bed slightly drunk all you had to do was sit on the edge and it automatically rolled you down to the middle but she complained about the spring sticking in her **** so we had to have a new one, I really miss that mattress 

8 hours ago, The Heron said:

Be careful and think before purchasing my old mattress was 32 years old when my wife decided we needed a new one my old one was so comfortable when you went to bed slightly drunk all you had to do was sit on the edge and it automatically rolled you down to the middle but she complained about the spring sticking in her **** so we had to have a new one, I really miss that mattress 

you sure it was the spring, sticking :hmm: