Wild justice again

silver fox 1

19 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Was it on yesyerdays BASC email 

May of been that or there web site IG. Can't find it tho. I do read a lot.  If that goes thro not good!  I do think more folk are step'n up a bit this time tho and DEFRA are prepared to listen!. We all got to keep on it and support our orgs!. . . . . Be interesting if it go to court as WJ are threatning! Look like they may av a go at Wales and Scotland first, for release and GL.        NB

If they go for NRW I fear it will not go well for us as the Welsh Government run by Labour who have turned all decision making over to NRW ,and they  will roll over at the first hint of trouble.We have lost a huge amount in the previous round of general license amendments and I am not at all confident we will win the next battle.Scotland could be in the same boat as their government is not at all Pro shooting.

I understand that approx 1/3 of released birds are not shot,  i wonder why WJ complain as this x number of birds end up in the food chain, either as carrion or taken alive by predators. surely the released game birds represent a significant proportion of the diet of their favoured released and protected birds i.e Kite etc

Edited by islandgun

5 hours ago, bostonmick said:

If basc don't hurry up and grow a pair the likes of wj will make the organisation a thing of the past. Obsolete. 

think it’s more the shooters who need a pair mate their all scared of losing tickets to take direct action it would be nice to see us all blocking the streets but can’t see it happening unfortunately 

20 minutes ago, silver fox 1 said:

seems to be it’s more to do with the 5 km buffer zone?

It;s all to do with the buffer zone  -  many of these sssi's are only 2/3 hectares but the ban would cover 8000 hectares.  In theory a 1 hectare site would give an 8000 hectare ban.  It is a back door way of almost banning game bird release.

This is what I posted on another  thread....

WJ, Monbiot et al appear to be trying to reverse this, so the conservation of animals and nature takes priority over the interests of humans.....this is not conservation it is as you say.....egotistical and politically driven extremism!

I thought it fitted in this thread nicely? Its all about back door attacks on shooting!

3 hours ago, clangerman said:

think it’s more the shooters who need a pair mate their all scared of losing tickets to take direct action it would be nice to see us all blocking the streets but can’t see it happening unfortunately 

I see you are of the keep a dog and bark yourself. They are sitting on millions of members money yet all they ever do is spend a few pence on stamps for their strongly worded letters. And now their response to the latest wj court threat is to ask to be shown as an interested party. That should frighten them. 

14 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

I see you are of the keep a dog and bark yourself. They are sitting on millions of members money yet all they ever do is spend a few pence on stamps for their strongly worded letters. And now their response to the latest wj court threat is to ask to be shown as an interested party. That should frighten them. 

i hope they are not sitting on millions when it could be used against the opposition that would concern me 

7 hours ago, greylag said:

If they go for NRW I fear it will not go well for us as the Welsh Government run by Labour who have turned all decision making over to NRW ,and they  will roll over at the first hint of trouble.We have lost a huge amount in the previous round of general license amendments and I am not at all confident we will win the next battle.Scotland could be in the same boat as their government is not at all Pro shooting.

The welsh government is useless. Complete bunch of muppets. 

Edited by captainhastings

2 hours ago, bostonmick said:

. They are sitting on millions of members money yet all they ever do is spend a few pence on stamps for their strongly worded letters. And now their response to the latest wj court threat is to ask to be shown as an interested party. That should frighten them. 

Hi that’s been wild justice practice so far as well.  I wonder if they are spreading their self a bit thin trying to do the general licenses Wales Scotland and England and the gamebirds as well  can’t see them wanting to go to court on all these issues  

2 hours ago, silver fox 1 said:

Hi that’s been wild justice practice so far as well.  I wonder if they are spreading their self a bit thin trying to do the general licenses Wales Scotland and England and the gamebirds as well  can’t see them wanting to go to court on all these issues  

They don't need to as defra and the organisations will just roll over as before. And as with the current gl review they will have input. So how do you think the future of not only shooting but all country pursuits is going to pan out. 

On 15/02/2020 at 17:14, Scully said:

Ah, with you. 👍If implemented that will effect a couple of shoots I know of. 
They’re possibly trying to push this while it’s still an issue? 

it is an interesting one.. as NE have the correct procedures in place to inspect and apply stop notices if they believe there is an issue... so not sure what they are not doing exactly ..however i am sure we will find out soon enough...

Edited by Terry2016

20 hours ago, bostonmick said:

They don't need to as defra and the organisations will just roll over as before. And as with the current gl review they will have input. So how do you think the future of not only shooting but all country pursuits is going to pan out. 

Defra have not rolled over to the cries or threats of WJ they have 

• Extended the GLs until 1st August regardless of attacks by WJ , in the mean time BASC and other shooting orgs are working with them to shape future GLs. 
  • Stated that they are not going to have a knee jerk reaction to the challenge of wild bird release on Eu habitat sites. 

The only reason they are holding firm is that they are getting pressured from shooting organisations like BASC also being told that should they will be legally challenged if they make changes that are not evidence based. 

NE/DEFRA have the ability to undertake review of shoots and issue notices where shoots do not comply with the code of good shooting practice. (this sets out number of bird release as well as location) 

I think the shooting orgs are doing well, two WJ legal cases/challenges have had no outcome to date regardless of their threats. 

The real challenge is for us all to keep the pressure on DEFRA /NE and complete the consultations. 

BW 

Terry

Edited by Terry2016