Centrepins Request - GUN HOLSTER

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

No need to dave , just use your purdey 😅.

:lol: If only, if I had one I would have a man to carry it for me!

Just now, Old farrier said:

For heaven’s sake man up 

just go by a browning and a mirouke and a few others 

legit start up costs 

Silly me, forgot to put the business plan together, thank you for your advice!:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

Nice t a problem we forget the little things 👍

I thought Mel had the other one of the pair 😊👍

Have you seen how much I earn😢 , I can't afford to shoot things 😢, I have to throw bricks at them 😢.

7 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

You must be a good shot with a brick to feed your family 

although Pie’s doesn’t fly very fast 😂😂

I'll have you know that I spent most of last year following the sliming world diet plan , only once did I fall off the wagon and eat a pie , I was a tad embarrassed when I looked at the box and it said serves four 😳.

1 minute ago, mel b3 said:

I'll have you know that I spent most of last year following the sliming world diet plan , only once did I fall off the wagon and eat a pie , I was a tad embarrassed when I looked at the box and it said serves four 😳.

That’s the 3months to lose 3 stone plan😊

you've got a month to go and 3.1/2 stone 😂😂😂

22 hours ago, Centrepin said:

I'm guessing you mean just to rest gun in?

The idea of the tang is to support the weight, without a tang a broken gun would unbalance and fall off.

At least i think so, it would need to be tried first.

If you look at the tang in the picture, it supports weight. Take no notice of the strap, it's not long enough and has been replaced already.

20200219_193603.jpg

That tang

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It's not that, I have been playing around to help someone.

You have a go.

And that’s what I was trying to-do but you have taken umbrage at my suggestion so I will not comment again.

By the way, my profession before retiring was a design precision toolmaker, I know what I am talking about.  

13 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, how did you get on with your 3 D printer prototype ?

I've printed 2 and broken them both so far. They can hod up to around 10LBs, albeit with too much flex for my liking, but when I go to 18LBs to test a jostling walk they snap. I've redesigned and beefed up some more. Once I'm happy I'll switch to PETG and test again. I'll run one off later and take it with me to test on a gun (probably the cheaper Lanber in case it breaks ;) )

1 minute ago, Demonic69 said:

I've printed 2 and broken them both so far. They can hod up to around 10LBs, albeit with too much flex for my liking, but when I go to 18LBs to test a jostling walk they snap. I've redesigned and beefed up some more. Once I'm happy I'll switch to PETG and test again. I'll run one off later and take it with me to test on a gun (probably the cheaper Lanber in case it breaks ;) )

hello, thats interesting let us know how you get on, i see the cheaper version on those Wardfields looks to be some kind of plastic material, they say manufacture themselves.

53 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, thats interesting let us know how you get on, i see the cheaper version on those Wardfields looks to be some kind of plastic material, they say manufacture themselves.

It looks like metal with some rubbbery coating to me, possibly dipped after forming. I could probably print a flexible cover for TCs metal version for a more budget version

15 hours ago, mel b3 said:

Have you seen how much I earn😢 , I can't afford to shoot things 😢, I have to throw bricks at them 😢.

think yourself lucky i cant afford bricks now.....i just throw abuse at them .......and unlike JDog i never seem to run out..

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

think yourself lucky i cant afford bricks now.....i just throw abuse at them .......and unlike JDog i never seem to run out..

I've got loads of abuse going spare if ever you need a bit , I get given xxxx loads of it every day at work.