Centrepins Request - GUN HOLSTER

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

That looks spot on 👍

I can't wait. I sorted a strap, should have arrived today but nothing yet. 

I've just had tomorrow's shoot cancelled so maybe I can try it all out when I shoot Wednesday 😁

Well they are coming First Class, so it is possible.

Hope it works in the bare metal, once we've proved that covering them is next.

Good luck.

3 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, what materials can you use on these 3 D printers, it is such a fascinating concept

There are a few different plastics available. Some are harder to print, other are brittle or flexible. I tend to use PLA for most prototyping, then PET-G if I need it to be durable. ABS is string, but I rarely get it to print right. I also use TPU for flexible applications, works great for things for the kids or camera mounts/covers.

I've printed toys, car parts, bike parts, gun parts, caravan parts, lights, food things.. all sorts!

3 minutes ago, Demonic69 said:

There are a few different plastics available. Some are harder to print, other are brittle or flexible. I tend to use PLA for most prototyping, then PET-G if I need it to be durable. ABS is string, but I rarely get it to print right. I also use TPU for flexible applications, works great for things for the kids or camera mounts/covers.

I've printed toys, car parts, bike parts, gun parts, caravan parts, lights, food things.. all sorts!

hello, thanks for that, wish these were around when i was at college, what models are suitable for home use, looks like you have some good experience setting up and making think, i will see if a good videos on U tube,

The Creality CR-10 or a clone of it seem to work well. I've had mine for years and it's pretty out of date but it's setup right and I'm scared to replace it :D

They take a fair amount of initial calibration. Then you have t stay on top of your settings etc. But once it's dialled in you can print all-sorts

6 minutes ago, Demonic69 said:

The Creality CR-10 or a clone of it seem to work well. I've had mine for years and it's pretty out of date but it's setup right and I'm scared to replace it

They take a fair amount of initial calibration. Then you have t stay on top of your settings etc. But once it's dialled in you can print all-sorts

hello, thanks i will try find a video, look forward to seeing both gun holders finished in nice leather

On 16/02/2020 at 08:48, TIGHTCHOKE said:

To hang on the right from a strap over the left shoulder.

Thank you, arrived today, pictures below. It's an absolutely perfect fit for a left handed person. The metal tang unfortunately needs to be the other way for right handed. The metalwork is perfect and fits the action like a glove. I tried it on the foregrip to see if it worked other way but it's a fraction too tight. If Lin covers them in leather they maybe need to be made the thickness of the leather bigger for a snug fit. Lovely piece of workmanship and thank you very much.👍

20200218_125328.jpg

20200218_125209.jpg

20200218_125119.jpg

Edited by Centrepin

Okay that was the first prototype.

So we have another go with more width and the rear tang moved to the front.

Rewind......

I think we just go with widening the gap for the body of the gun.

How much wider then Andy, will 5mm do?

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
ADJUSTMENT!

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Okay that was the first prototype.

So we have another go with more width and the rear tang moved to the front.

Absolutely, it's a good fit but with leather might be a squeeze.

1st picture is normal fit

2nd is pushed up tight to the action.

Will of course depend on the thickness of leather.

20200218_131420.jpg

20200218_131507.jpg

Edited by Centrepin

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Okay, I will make another one to the same design but 5mm wider do you think that would be enough?

I would wait to see what Lin says, she's the leather expert, anything from me is just a guess at best.

So a guess, if the leather is 2mm or 2.5mm (that's what my belt is) 5mm maybe perfect or even a couple of mm big.

2 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, looks plenty of space for say 2 mm leather sheet, cannot wait to see the finished gun rests

I think between them, there's going to be a lot of orders. It just seems so naturally in place.

At a push now I could do a walked shoot, cartridges in gun, gun in holster, drop my stick and lift the gun in one movement, close and fire. At least after some practice.

At worst I don't have to slip my gun to move a few yards. I know people put them over their shoulder but I'm unsteady, don't want to drop it or hit anyone with it.