Centrepins Request - GUN HOLSTER

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Ambi would be easy enough in theory. Make the tang a plate that bolts on top of the U shaped rest, with the bolts coming in from the bottom. Would make covering easier for both parts too. The difficulty would be getting a decent thread for the bolts without adding too much extra work.

image.png.7de92c27781f0c2d7c05563390795612.png

hello, do we know what material the wardfield light gun number 1 holders are made from ?  i would suggest the number 2 are the same only covered in leather and with full leather shoulder harness making the cost over £300, number 1 being the basic model, around £90,

1 hour ago, Demonic69 said:

I think Ambi would be easy enough in theory. Make the tang a plate that bolts on top of the U shaped rest, with the bolts coming in from the bottom. Would make covering easier for both parts too. The difficulty would be getting a decent thread for the bolts without adding too much extra work.

image.png.7de92c27781f0c2d7c05563390795612.png

hello, what is Ambi ??

Just now, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, do we know what material the wardfield light gun number 1 holders are made from ?  i would suggest the number 2 are the same only covered in leather and with full leather shoulder harness making the cost over £300, number 1 being the basic model, around £90,

Well if you could purchase one and cut it open it would help.

I started with aluminium for strength and lightness and would have moved to Stainless Steel if required but Andy reckons it is Soldier proof so we will make the Mk2 out of the same aluminium and simplify the design.

47 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I started with aluminium for strength and lightness and would have moved to Stainless Steel if required but Andy reckons it is Soldier proof so we will make the Mk2 out of the same aluminium and simplify the design.

hello, this is a an interesting posting on PW,  look forward to see your MK 2 Dave, how are you cutting out the ally ? 

45 minutes ago, Demonic69 said:

Ambidextrous, left and right handed :)

hello, ok i thought it was some material you use on a printer???

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I think stainless would complicate and make it unecessarily expensive, but if an individual wanted it like that? Am I right in thinking stainless is harder to work?

I just believe in KISS.

I was thinking last night of gluing two layers of chamois leather on and seeing how that felt.

There's so many clever people on here that a lot just goes over my head. 🤔

Yep, apologies TC  I missed the part abaout making it ambidextrous and for different guns.  Cannot see ally being not strong enough.  I am at present maing one which will fit on a belt.

Easy enough to cover, part of which is at this time sitting letting the glue 'ripen' before fitting the leather belt fitment, which is at this moment in a press being shaped. When thet is fitted the inner lining will be glued in and then stitched all around the edges.  If it looks worthy I will post it on here.   I have used some ally chequer plate which was hanging around the scrap  pile.

I honestly cannot see any normal shotgun bending or breaking that.  

Edited by Walker570

1 minute ago, Walker570 said:

Yep, apologies TC  I missed the part abaout making it ambidextrous and for different guns.  Cannot see ally being not strong enough.  I am at present maing one which will fit on a belt.

Easy enough to cover, part of which is at this time sitting letting the glue 'ripen' before fitting the leather belt fitment, which is at this moment in a press being shaped. When thet is fitted the inner lining will be glued in and then stitched all around the edges.  If it looks worthy I will post it on here.   I have used some ally chequer plate which was hanging around the scrap  pile.

I honestly cannot see any normal shotgun bending or breaking that.  

Interesting Nev, I look forward to some pictures.:good:

4 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Pw will have ten different versions by Monday morning 😅

Well being as you mentioned it 😂😂😂

possibility for you Tc either end of the cradle bending down a tab hole with a thread and then thread the tang that goes to the forend screw in either side for left or right 

just the first of the 10 😂😂😊👍

1 minute ago, mel b3 said:

You're the only pw member that rich enough to afford one dave 😊.

:lol: I have the 2nd prototype on my desk, far simpler and ambidextrous.

Will get it tested on my Berettas and will see if anyone has a Browning on Sunday when I am shooting at Sporting Targets, far easier than sending prototypes through the post to check fit!

3 minutes ago, grrclark said:

Just have it sitting at an angle, like a pitch roofed so the gun can sit in either direction with the apex of the pitch at the hinge?

Or a tapered entry into the holster so it grips the action?

That is the sort of thing I am trying to work out.

Biggest bugbear is not having the correct gun to play around with. 

Melb3, I am not buying a Browning just for that!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
CAPITALISATION!