Some amazing photographs !

islandgun

20 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, it would be interesting to see a photo taken with plate camera or Bronica rather than a modern digital, my all time favourite landscape photographer is Ansel Adams

I used to shoot with a Bronica years ago , you only got about 12 shots to a film . It's so sad now you can buy them for peanuts .  Lots of digital  photo now are over processed  with programs like lightroom . They become a bit fake to be honest . I am old school and a image should still be what the eye sees .

1 minute ago, johnphilip said:

I used to shoot with a Bronica years ago , you only got about 12 shots to a film . It's so sad now you can buy them for peanuts .  Lots of digital  photo now are over processed  with programs like lightroom . They become a bit fake to be honest . I am old school and a image should still be what the eye sees .

hello, your right John, i tried to persuade a young lady to try a 120 on her college course instead of her super duper digital !!!!!

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, it would be interesting to see a photo taken with plate camera or Bronica rather than a modern digital, my all time favourite landscape photographer is Ansel Adams

Had to look him up, fantastic B/W landscapes and some very profound quotes, this photo caught my eye though, and the story !

https://www.wexphotovideo.com/blog/features/the-story-behind-the-image-migrant-mother-dorothea-lange/

2 hours ago, Pistol p said:

Great shots. This planet is wasted on us.

Fraid so, although some see its beauty

29 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Had to look him up, fantastic B/W landscapes and some very profound quotes, this photo caught my eye though, and the story !

https://www.wexphotovideo.com/blog/features/the-story-behind-the-image-migrant-mother-dorothea-lange/

Fraid so, although some see its beauty

hello, thanks, i have seen that photo before, yes Adams was a true great in Landscapes, i gave the young lady his book of photos hoping to inspire her,

20 hours ago, johnphilip said:

.......Lots of digital  photo now are over processed  with programs like lightroom . They become a bit fake to be honest . I am old school and an image should still be what the eye sees .

14 hours ago, Mr.C said:

.....Large format B&W photograph is, in my humble opinion, the pinnacle. 

Totally agree with both of these. 

I fail to understand the need to enhance any photo.

I still have a Bronica 6x4.5.  Had a couple of 5x4 plate cameras in the past. Think my fav at the moment is a little russian range finder that was a 60's Leica clone. No meter so I use a period Weston Master V. Anyway not wanting to hijack the thread....