How to RFD to RFD

sam triple

Just look on your own certificate there is a clause which says:-

"If you are selling a firearm [or shotgun] which will be sent or posted to another dealer for the buyer to collect in person you should complete this table and notify the police. The dealer who actually hands over the firearm should not complete the table or notify the police (except in circumstances which may require police investigation as above)."

So unless you fill in the buyers certificate you are failing to comply with the conditions listed on it, if you can not post it to be filled in I'm not too sure why the above clause is on my certificate.

4 hours ago, timps said:

Just look on your own certificate there is a clause which says:-

"If you are selling a firearm [or shotgun] which will be sent or posted to another dealer for the buyer to collect in person you should complete this table and notify the police. The dealer who actually hands over the firearm should not complete the table or notify the police (except in circumstances which may require police investigation as above)."

So unless you fill in the buyers certificate you are failing to comply with the conditions listed on it, if you can not post it to be filled in I'm not too sure why the above clause is on my certificate.

Like I’ve said, we all know how it ‘should’ be done; no one is arguing that point. It’s just the illogicality of it all that baffles me. 
When I first did RFD a to RFD it was he who suggested that he could do it. It was very straightforward and cost me 20 quid; I’ve done it loads of times since.

We are asked to take good care of our tickets, but legislation requires we send them to perfect strangers. Weird!

Someone else mentioned photocopying their ticket, yet Bill Harriman said it shouldn't be done as they are Crown Copyright. He also claims he has every ticket he has ever been issued, saying that we aren’t required to send them in at renewal, yet the rozzers insist we send in our expiring tickets, thus leaving the applicant without a valid ticket. 
I’m not really bothered which way we do things, but it’s a tad unfair and somewhat annoying that they insist legislation is adhered to when it’s to their advantage, but is also ignored for the same reason. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Like I’ve said, we all know how it ‘should’ be done; no one is arguing that point. It’s just the illogicality of it all that baffles me. 
When I first did RFD a to RFD it was he who suggested that he could do it. It was very straightforward and cost me 20 quid; I’ve done it loads of times since.

We are asked to take good care of our tickets, but legislation requires we send them to perfect strangers. Weird!

Someone else mentioned photocopying their ticket, yet Bill Harriman said it shouldn't be done as they are Crown Copyright. He also claims he has every ticket he has ever been issued, saying that we aren’t required to send them in at renewal, yet the rozzers insist we send in our expiring tickets, thus leaving the applicant without a valid ticket. 
I’m not really bothered which way we do things, but it’s a tad unfair and somewhat annoying that they insist legislation is adhered to when it’s to their advantage, but is also ignored for the same reason. 

Never said it was logical but it is part of the conditions on your cert. It is up to you if you follow it but it is a legal requirement regardless. Chances of getting caught who knows but ignorance of the law isn’t a defence in court. 

just pointing it out that’s all. 

51 minutes ago, wigeon jim said:

Looking on line I can see where it says the selling RFD should complete the buyers cert but that's an RFD selling a firearm what about a private sale? I would feel better sending my cert to an RFD rather than someone I don't know from Adam, . Jim.

On my certificate not online it says who should fill In the tables. .

it genuinely isn’t ambiguous so when you sell a gun you have to follow the conditions on the buyers cert. if you sell me a gun then you have to fill out my cert not the RFD. 

it legally isn’t  up for  debate. 
yep it’s stupid but who says the law is sensible. 

13 hours ago, Scully said:

I have never been asked to send in my certificate upon renewal and have old Certs going back many years. Looking at them makes me realise how much I've spent on this wonderful hobby of ours:whistling:. Once told to 'Indulge your passion' and like many others I'm sure, I've certainly done that.:good:

OB

6 minutes ago, sam triple said:

Ok spoke to one RFd this morning to which I’m p/Xing a gun against a new one from him he said “ Take my gun to my local RFD who will send it on to him ,remember to put my licence in the gun case so he can remove it from my licence and add the new one onto it “

RFD's don't 'remove' guns from licences - only the issuing police force can do that.