Syndicate co.durham

Just to gauge interest, if not allowed please remove, Im looking to set a syndicate up 10 guns, 10 120bird driven days £1500 per year I’ll also probably put on additional days at £350-400 per peg depending on bird numbers for members and non members. Please feel free to make any other suggestions on bag size or cost per year if you are local and a potential member as i want to put something on to suit our local market.

Wishing you all the best, so not a dig but would hate to see a new venture fail but your figures are dirt cheap if I read it rightly. 

A syndicate member shoots at £12.50 bird 

A single gun on same bag at £350 shots at just over £29 a bird 

On last seasons price per bird you would be a very cheap shoot day 

If I was you I would kick on and get it sorted , up and running , at those sort of prices I don’t think you would have any difficulty either getting a syndicate up or selling as individual days , that price is cheaper than a simulated day ! Don’t undersell yourself just to get it up and running I’d set a fair price and if all goes well it’s easier to lower a price than raise it !    Good luck 

You need to look at your figures mate. 
10x 120 bird days at £1500??????

Not possible to do unless you are willing to loss a lot of money. 
At a 40% return you would need 3000 birds if you buy poults that’s 10k

Feed to get them ready to shoot at 20 weeks is another £4.500 pellets for 3000 birds will cost £3200 to get them to 14 weeks. 
To achieve 40% you will need good cover crops, good woodland and cover crops are about £500 an acre to put in then they have to be fenced. 
then you will need to buy all the feeders, drinkers, all the fencing for your pens, electric fencing. You will have no change from 25k and that’s not paying rent. 
Then you need all the beaters and picker ups hospitality on the day the cost just go’s on. 

26 minutes ago, The gouse said:

You need to look at your figures mate. 
10x 120 bird days at £1500??????

Not possible to do unless you are willing to loss a lot of money. 
At a 40% return you would need 3000 birds if you buy poults that’s 10k

Feed to get them ready to shoot at 20 weeks is another £4.500 pellets for 3000 birds will cost £3200 to get them to 14 weeks. 
To achieve 40% you will need good cover crops, good woodland and cover crops are about £500 an acre to put in then they have to be fenced. 
then you will need to buy all the feeders, drinkers, all the fencing for your pens, electric fencing. You will have no change from 25k and that’s not paying rent. 
Then you need all the beaters and picker ups hospitality on the day the cost just go’s on. 

Very good post. We charge £1200 for 5 X 80 bird days. So doing 10 X 120 bird days for £1500 doesn't seem possible. But I'm willing to be proven wrong.

25 minutes ago, ninjaferret said:

I think he's just hoping, hasn't even got the ground., let alone any idea...... granted a bit harsh, but prove me wrong.

Your a **** there you proved wrong

I get it’s expensive when buying poults let etc feeds and all the joys that go with it let me worry about that this is a market research post to find out what the market is like in the area, its not exactly renowned pheasant ground so im not expecting days to sell as easy as they do in North Yorkshire so i want a feel from local people what they are willing to pay and what they would expect in return so all you wanna be’s can wind your neck in and keep pointless thread bashin posts to your selfs

I'M WHAT ?   HA HA HA                      [  MOD'S IS THAT ALLOWED WAS HE CALLING ME  ]                   AND HOW AM I PROVED WRONG ?  AND YOUR NOT ASKING WHAT PEOPLE ARE PREPARED TO PAY AND WHAT TO EXPECT , YOUR TELLING THEM WHAT THEY'LL PAY AND WHAT THEY'LL GET. 

AND FOR BEING A WANNABE OR ANYTHING ELSE, I'VE FORGOTTEN MORE THAN YOU KNOW.

SO IF I WERE YOU I'D GET MY FACTS RIGHT AND CERTAINLY , WIND YOUR NECK IN.

GOODBYE AND GOODLUCK.

20 minutes ago, Outdoorsman said:

Your a **** there you proved wrong

I get it’s expensive when buying poults let etc feeds and all the joys that go with it let me worry about that this is a market research post to find out what the market is like in the area, its not exactly renowned pheasant ground so im not expecting days to sell as easy as they do in North Yorkshire so i want a feel from local people what they are willing to pay and what they would expect in return so all you wanna be’s can wind your neck in and keep pointless thread bashin posts to your selfs

I’m not a wanna be I’ve got two shoots myself and your figures tell me you haven’t done your home work mate. 
You need £27 a bird just to break even.And that’s not keepered  

10 hours ago, ninjaferret said:

I'M WHAT ?   HA HA HA                      [  MOD'S IS THAT ALLOWED WAS HE CALLING ME  ]                   AND HOW AM I PROVED WRONG ?  AND YOUR NOT ASKING WHAT PEOPLE ARE PREPARED TO PAY AND WHAT TO EXPECT , YOUR TELLING THEM WHAT THEY'LL PAY AND WHAT THEY'LL GET. 

AND FOR BEING A WANNABE OR ANYTHING ELSE, I'VE FORGOTTEN MORE THAN YOU KNOW.

SO IF I WERE YOU I'D GET MY FACTS RIGHT AND CERTAINLY , WIND YOUR NECK IN.

GOODBYE AND GOODLUCK.

jesus i take it you either pay more for less or you have a shoot thats not good value and you dont want competition, again look at my original post im NOT telling any one anything, i’ve put a post on with a suggested price and bag size then asked locals or potential members what they think of it, honestly pal give it up