8 Bore cartridges

25 minutes ago, Manish said:

got ya. then you use a plastic or one or them bio wads from clay and game for the shot. Where abouts is he based?

I use an inverted Cup O/P wad with a thin card capped fibre wad and a card cup to totally enclose the ITM shot....I do not shoot steel through my 8’s.

19 minutes ago, Manish said:

would you guys say an 8 bore with a 36 1/2 inch barrel is a bit nuts??

My double 8’s have 34” barrels! Most single 8’s do have longer barrels, for some reason?

19 minutes ago, Manish said:

Edited by panoma1
Duplicate posting!

4 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I use an inverted Cup O/P wad with a thin card capped fibre wad and a card cup to totally enclose the ITM shot....I do not shoot steel through my 8’s.

Where do you get your ITM from? I have a feeling the 8 im looking at should be ok with steel. The seller doesn't know much about it. I know its nitro proofed though 

3 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I stockpiled different types of NTS including ITM years ago! Buying it from private sources, as and when it became available....I now have enough to see me out! Lol!

I suppose now its just bismuth that folk would have to use in the old stuff? I have heard it shatters and breaks up on firing at times. Is that just BS??

10 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

Agreed. Don’t have an arbour press but silly as it sounds was going to make a jig for the log splitter next and save the hassle of the cramp. Looking on line they look pretty cheap, any recommendations or are they all likely to do the job?

I made a jig for the log splitter that worked really well,, better than the arbour or vice....... moved sheds and can’t find the bloody thing,,, but yes a whole lot easier

Nope sounds about right 

49 minutes ago, wigeon jim said:

i have started to use ITX 10 in my 8 bore, if you want a few new resized Remington black cases to get started let me know,. Jim.

Nice one Jim I shall keep your very kind offer in mind mate

• 2 years later...
On 03/03/2020 at 08:39, Dave at kelton said:

Realistically the only tools you need are a roll turnover and resizer for the Remington kiln cases if you can’t get them pre sized. After that it is standard reloading gear, scales, wads cards etc. If you go down the reloading route I can let you have lists of loads and general advice as I am sure many others on here can. It really is very easy.

Graham Deakin is worth speaking to ref tools. Certainly if you want a card cup maker he is your man.

Hello Dave, Interesting comments, I have been trying to get contact details for Graham Deakin as I am looking to purchase 4-bore reloading equipment and also require some 4-bore brass cases turning. 

I would be most grateful if you can offer any assistance please?

Kind Regards 

Chris