Mk38

Farmboy91

I think I've been swayed from Beretta to the dark side.

Had the pleasure of meeting a chap to buy some cartridges for the collection today, obviously the topic of what we use gun wise came round at which point he came out with an older mk38. What a bit of kit! It was a trap gun choked full and full with 32" barrels.

I thought my 686 fitted well, and up until now I've never mounted a Browning/miroku that felt right but that gun was like an extension of myself. I must of mounted it a dozen times and it came up spot on every single time.

I know what I'm buying when I go back to an O/U..... 

I pretty much had the same epiphany picking up an adjustable 525, trap fore end in a dealer last year.
Night and day compared to the Beretta I thought fitted me prior. They aren’t as good looking as the Berettas (In my opinion), but what difference, to me at any rate - like an extension of my arm. 

3 minutes ago, hod said:

I pretty much had the same epiphany picking up an adjustable 525, trap fore end in a dealer last year.
Night and day compared to the Beretta I thought fitted me prior. They aren’t as good looking as the Berettas (In my opinion), but what difference, to me at any rate - like an extension of my arm. 

That's exactly how I felt. 

Don't get me wrong I loved my 686, beautiful looking gun and I thought it fitted me well till I picked that mk38 up. It's the shallow action of the he Beretta what speaks to me. 

I'm itching to get one now. 

Think it will have to be a sporter though unless I can find a trap that's been teagued or opened up a little bit.

52 minutes ago, Farmboy91 said:

That's exactly how I felt. 

Don't get me wrong I loved my 686, beautiful looking gun and I thought it fitted me well till I picked that mk38 up. It's the shallow action of the he Beretta what speaks to me. 

I'm itching to get one now. 

Think it will have to be a sporter though unless I can find a trap that's been teagued or opened up a little bit.

Good luck on the search! 

I had picked the gun up out of interest while waiting to collect something unrelated in the shop... overall happy I did, pretty much drove home and returned with my beretta and chopped it in! 

With an adjustable stock and a butt pad spacer it wins no beauty contest, but what a difference. Was also teagued, which was a bonus, although not for my wallet. 

Edited by hod

17 minutes ago, hod said:

Good luck on the search! 

I had picked the gun up out of interest while waiting to collect something unrelated in the shop... overall happy I did, pretty much drove home and returned with my beretta and chopped it in! 

With an adjustable stock and a butt pad spacer it wins no beauty contest, but what difference. Was also teagued, which was bonus, although not for my wallet. 

Thank you.

To be honest it's all I've thought about since, although he's told me its most definitely not for sale haha.

I know what you mean but if it fits and you can smash clays/bring birds down nicely with it who cares.