Begin testing

villaman

I watched some slug testing today on YouTube. In .22 h&n the Daystate regal preferred the 20.2 gr. Maybe the pellets barrels don't like the heavier slugs.

Some lads on the AGF have received they're batches of slugs for testing. 

How many are in each weight? Could take a fair few to find the speed they shoot best at.

Interesting times, let us know how they work out.

4 hours ago, villaman said:

33 gr @ 940 FPS on 135 bar setting 3 on power wheel and like I expected very , very accurate . At 75 yards just under 1 mill dot but group under 5 pence size and a zero on 45 yards  

need to try the others and 33gr at longer ranges 100 - 150 yards  

That's going to sting!! And they sound accurate,  big its rain rain and some more rain again all weekend. 

10 hours ago, Lampwick said:

How did you tune it to that? I heard all sorts of scare stories about diy tuning. 

Impact is designed to be tuned not only that , I had a heavy hammer weight and spring guide made and a external plenum kit 

most important thing to do is write your settings down from new 

18 hours ago, villaman said:

Impact is designed to be tuned not only that , I had a heavy hammer weight and spring guide made and a external plenum kit 

most important thing to do is write your settings down from new 

I have one with the new power plenum factory fitted. Just wondered what you did? Yep I’ve written down the delivered settings. 

Lampwick watch 68whiskey on YouTube he is tuning a impact with power plenum for his friend and take you through the steps.

Ernest Rowe videos are also good to watch.

Using vernier calipers, measure the gap on valve adjuster, then measure the gap on hammer spring block with set on max. Write them down with  reg pressure and peer wheel setting max number or letter you use. With fpe speed and pellet you use that tune for.

Edited by figgy