Gamefair 2020

grahamch

There seem to be a lot of people who say these shows are very expensive. I don't think that is fair. The post above is right. We went to a classical music concert the other day, good orchestra, but £50 each for two hours. Makes £20 for the whole day seem quite reasonable.

David.

never been to ragley hall but been to hatfield house twice a good day out and as said in the previous post bacs members free  i took the family spent quite a lot of money but had a good day out it all depends what you call an expensive day really  you can make it as cheap as you like if you think ahead  the guns were more expensive than i thought and not much haggling on price so didnt get another one  i bought some clothing and bagged a good deal i would definatly go again

6 hours ago, grahamch said:

Am coming down from Northumberland so its a long trip. Think will give it a miss and maybe go to Scone

It is a long day.  I wouldn't think a long drive (must be best part of 5 hours each way?) there - then a full day there - then a long drive back would make for a good day. 

The game fair today is not the same has they were half a century ago then they travelled the full length of the country and Scotland .Anybody remember Raby Castle Co Durham  in the late sixties or early  seventies  also  Blair Drummond and Kelso.I would say the organizers charged too much for a pitch  so that reduced the exhibitors on gun makers row  and fishermen's row when you could spend a full day on either of these rows  .Those were the days  when the game fair was a good fair.

Feltwad

Edited by Feltwad