Oh dear!

Lord Geordie

Returned from a shopping trip with Jacki on Friday! Parked the car up and grabbed the shopping from the boot, locked the car and head for the house! A rather loud crack came from the car. Jacki thought a window had blown but I gave the car a shove! It moved. Opened the door and lifted the handbrake lever! Nothing. It’s been a little notchy for a while and eventually snapped. So I have a set on order and hope they will be here tomorrow while I am at work. Then Tuesday will be spent under the car fitting them. Just what my back needs :rolleyes: 

was cheap enough though at £19 a set. I just replaced the rear hub bearing the other day too. Shame it hadn’t went before that as I could have done it all in one go. Think I will bite the bullet and replace the drums while I am at it. And nexr payday the front discs and pads too and a drop link. MOT is April so want it ready. 

Well done the nearside in under 20 mins, wheel off, hub off, extract the old cable, unhook the cable from the hangers, disengage from the handbrake lever and slip the old cable out! Reversal to fit new one nice and easy. Got to the off side. Wheel off is as far as I got! The drum won’t come off, the wind picked up and the temp dropped like a stone. So popped the wheel back on and left it until tomorrow! Going to leave the wheel on, remove the hub nut and use the wheel to help me remove the entire assembly. If that fails I will have to punch the shoe retainers out from the back and allow the shoes to fold when I pull the drum off. Going to be an interesting day tomorrow :lol: 

Well thank the off side done now too! Used the wheel as I said, made it easier to remove the drum and hub as a complete set! Heck of a lip on the drum which I ground off as best I could. Needs new drums which I will order next week when paid. But for now the cables are done! New drums are only £28 for the set so cheap as chips really.