Miroku Recoil Pads?

ferreter10

Just bought a Miroku MK70 couple of weeks ago having never even picked up a Miroku or Browning (Was always under the illustion that beretta was the way to go!) and wow, what can i say!

Shoulders lovely, and such a quality action. Dont know why ive never come across them before.

Only issue is that it came with a hard plastic butt pad, and with testing pigeons, I've been firing 32gs at them, and i was black and blue. I have since slipped on a temporary recoil pad and was absolutely fine so my question is, does anyone do recoil pads for Mirokus off the shelf as it were? it has a concave shape to the stock butt end so normal grind to fit pads wont work.

Im trying to avoid going to a gunsmwith as ive been quoted £150. Of course if it gets to it ill just have to fork out.

Let me know any suggestions

Ferreter (Jamie)

We normally remove the action, fit the new soft butpad and take it to a cobbler with a polishing wheel and with masking tape round the woodwork get him to dress it to size.

First you need to find a nice pad, Pachmyr make some crackers in the USA.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
CAPITALISATION!

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

We normally remove the action, fit the new soft butpad and take it to a cobbler with a polishing wheel and with masking tape round the woodwork get him to dress it to size.

First you need to find a nice pad, Pachmyr make some crackers in the USA.

Very crudely (VERY) the attached photo resembles the shape of the stock. Wouldn't a pad such as Pachmyr simply touch top and bottom but leave a gap in the middle due to the shape? I cant see how a cobbler with a wheel would be able to get it to fit?

Im probably missing something!

image.png.c1c12dc50cede4381e4a04808c1059c5.png

I swear by Kickeeze.

If memory serves me it cost more for the pad than to have it fitted, this was around 20 years ago mind, 😜

Ive had 2 Brownings fitted with the Kickeeze, had the slight curve cut out, 

I knew what length of pull I wanted, told the gunsmith and he did the rest, first glass job both times

:shaun: