N.I. firearms related question

Big Al

Just now, old'un said:

FAC and SGC are two completely different tickets unless its different in NI?

Why would you need to do a swap for a shotgun, just buy a shotgun and have it put on your SGC and sell the FAC air rifle.

Its all different here. No SGC. Everything (including my sub 12ft lb air rifle) is individually listed on an FAC. 

If you are adding a gun to your fac (of any variety) you have to apply to psni . In the meantime the gun is held by the rfd. Can take weeks or can take months. A one-on one-off of the same type of gun can be done by an rfd, who notifies the psni of the transaction. My query is concerning the swapping of an air rifle for a shotgun.  I don't know if it is possible. It depends on how the psni views the two categories whether they are categorised as being the same.

13 minutes ago, old'un said:

So how does that work? Do you have to apply to have a shotgun added to your ticket? Or can you just buy a shotgun and notify them of the purchase and does the same apply to FAC rifles?

It's a bit of a cod to be honest. If only if was as simple as the mainland UK. 

Edited by Big Al

Doubt it,,,it classed as a rifle,so would doubt if it's in same band as shotgun,,,remember being told shotguns simple on/off,, then rifles were to be banded,,ie you couldn't swap a rimmy for centrefire so they were placed in groups otherwise everyone would put in for air rifle then swap to .223,,but this being over here nothing would surprise me if I'm completely wrong!!!!!!

Excuse me for I am thick. I can't see shotguns. I can see the air rifle bands can be changed for anything from a .177 to .25. No mention of shotguns. I assume that it can't be done. I'll ring Tannyoky tomorrow. Gavin will definitely know. Thanks for all the help guys.

Evening.

It is only like for like Ie.Shotgun for shotgun,air rifle for air rifle and there is then a banding system for rifles.

In short it is not possible,the only option is to apply for another gun on your FAC,whether you are allowed another shotgun will then be decided by your FEO.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, gmm243 said:

Evening.

It is only like for like Ie.Shotgun for shotgun,air rifle for air rifle and there is then a banding system for rifles.

In short it is not possible,the only option is to apply for another gun on your FAC,whether you are allowed another shotgun will then be decided by your FEO.

Hope this helps.

That's clear. Many thanks.