Other uses for your old Shotgun cartridges

Apart from reloading what other uses do you put your old cartridges to ? I quite often bring a handful home and use them as air rifle targets in the garden when hit they generally jump into the air if I've stood them up so quite reactive, I've also used them on end as a target and on the odd occasion put a primer in and attempted to shoot that . I've also used 20g shells as bar ends on my push bike and I gave some away to a guy who cut them down and used them as wheel nut covers for his car. Come on what else ya got.

14 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

I’ve yet to see a classy use for them.

The jewellery/cufflinks are truly awful IMHO.

Sorry to disagree with you on this but the pair of cufflinks using 20bore cartridges made for me by James (Bobby199 on PW) look really great. They have been gold plated and on the very few occasions that I now wear cufflinks, have had some really good comments. Made special by the fact that one shot a woodcock and the other a pheasant, both walked up.

Just my own take on it.

I made thumbsticks for all the grandchildren. Deer antler thumb grip,and cartridges for ferrules .....when they wear out just stick a new one on

I also got two with a lot of "brass" on. Kept brass off one and used it as a cap for the other and kept my earplugs in it .  it's still in the bottom of the cartridge bag with an emergency set of earplugs if I forget the CENS ones