Crow antics

Good shot?

Was out last week and stood at the farm gate with a coffee watching the world go by, when I saw a Crow about 300 yards away over the wood, it was carrying something in its beak and floating around in the strong breeze. It repeatedly let go of whatever it was carrying and dropped down maybe 50 yards to catch it, climbed up again a continued to do it.

Watched it doing this for a good 5 minutes, fascinating to watch.

Anyone else seen similar antics?

15 minutes ago, Foxdropper said:

Corvids are one of the few birds known to play 

Saw a video a while back of a corvid (can’t remember genus) pulling a plastic lid up a snowy roof before sledging down it and then repeating over and over!

Edited by Munzy

1 hour ago, Munzy said:

Saw a video a while back of a corvid (can’t remember genus) pulling a plastic lid up a snowy roof before sledging down it and then repeating over and over!

Seen it before .. there is also one of a border collie doing the same . With a plastic sledge  on a snowy  hill . 

Very intelligent birds and amusing.  Shame they're so destructful and need controlling.

Have watched them chasing bits getting blown about on a big lawn. Not good but still chested them around for fun of it. Also seen them throw things flicking their heads.  Also riding backs of cows/bulls in the fields. This amused my wife for a while.

Edited by figgy

I worked at a place with a park nearby that had Walnut trees in it. The place I worked was an industrial yard with a concrete car park in the middle. Late summer was always a dodgy time because the Crows would fly over the yard and drop Walnuts onto the concrete to crack them. A few cars got dings in the bodywork.