End of the world cartridge

If we are talking shotgun cartridges, then it would be a few slabs of 50gr BB in 3" for the semi auto to work through. Not much going to put up an argument after one or two of those I'm sure.

If it's ammo in general (in order to survive), then definitely go along with the 'lots of bricks of .22 LR'. Might not be a zombie stopper but I now I'd feed well, and a 25rnd mag full from the 10/22 would be sufficient to make even the most vicious zombie decide that there were easier folks to deal with :lol:

On 24/02/2020 at 20:49, Westley said:

Would they need to be non-toxic   ?

It would depend if the Zombies were near wetlands, you can at present use lead for zombies inland here in Scotland [I think] but personally I would use whatever came to hand.. shooting "sitting" zombies is also frowned upon as is peppering out of range zombies, as always use a gun that fits and know your limits...Have fun

it would be a combination between weight and effectiveness, end of the world scenario you would need the ammo to last as long as possible and most probably need it to be man portable, ie you carry it. A slab of 12 bore shells is heavy.   My vote in a survival scenario would be a silenced .22 rimfire,  a few thousand rounds weigh very little and would provide small and medium game as food for years to come.

Edited by scolopax

• 2 weeks later...

AAA would at a pinch cover most of your needs against winged, four legged, two legged and even finned quarry. With specific regard to buckshot in my youth I wanted a career in forensic ballistics. It never came about. But I did meet people who did work in that area as part of that process. From their response to my direct question about buckshot and their professional experience I learned this. That with a shotgun on a human target it is distance that decides lethality (or not) not size of pellet. That lethal wounds with buckshot would have been equally lethal had birdshot been used and not buckshot and that non lethal wounds with birdshot would have equally non lethal had buckshot been used.

Edited by enfieldspares