Tesla

The Heron

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt he’ll be too bothered; he may regard it as part of business.

Reminds me of a local property developer who flattened a house on land he had bought to develop. He immediately ‘turned himself in’ to the authorities, claiming he had no idea there were protected bats resident in the derelict property. He knew.

He received a slap on the wrist and was heard commenting in the pub that the fine was nothing compared to the profit he would make on the houses. 

13 minutes ago, Scully said:

I doubt he’ll be too bothered; he may regard it as part of business.

Reminds me of a local property developer who flattened a house on land he had bought to develop. He immediately ‘turned himself in’ to the authorities, claiming he had no idea there were protected bats resident in the derelict property. He knew.

He received a slap on the wrist and was heard commenting in the pub that the fine was nothing compared to the profit he would make on the houses. 

A true buisness man😁

Anyone noticed the number of catastrophic fires in large old empty buildings? The fire always damages them beyond economical repair and they “have” to be demolished! Usually the large plot of land it stood on is then utilised for building numerous, overpriced new build matchbox houses! :whistling:

I would imagine they've been looking for reasons to slow Tesla down until VW\Merc\BMW have a viable alternative. I don't like the guy but if he's bought the land to build a factory (and sought whatever building regs they need in Germany) then they must have known that whatever is there now would need to be removed.

15 minutes ago, Deker said:

I would imagine they've been looking for reasons to slow Tesla down until VW\Merc\BMW have a viable alternative. I don't like the guy but if he's bought the land to build a factory (and sought whatever building regs they need in Germany) then they must have known that whatever is there now would need to be removed.

The problem is that they started cutting down the trees despite not having a building permission for the factory. 

/M

If you are law abiding citizen in this country you generally respect the planning law and try and do things right. However there are others who buy a plot of land,build a fancy wall at the front of it, move caravans on for a while then progress to permenant buildings and houses. Nothing happens and all planning laws never seem to apply. Many such settlements seem to be appearing all over the countryside

A local ‘aristocrat’ felled a tree when it interfered with his internet signal!  He needed to be in a direct line from the mast ( or to be able to receive a signal bounced off another’s receiver on a chimney, for example ) to receive a signal, but the tree was in the way. 
He paid the fine ( you can’t put a tree back up! ) and is quite happy with his signal now. 🙂

On 18/02/2020 at 12:12, figgy said:

Proper megalomaniac.

He may go down quite well in Germany then.

On 18/02/2020 at 13:59, panoma1 said:

Anyone noticed the number of catastrophic fires in large old empty buildings?

Happened to a large old building (Manor House, Northfield, formerly a residence of a member of the Cadbury family) in Birmingham where I had digs when a student

3 hours ago, Scully said:

A local ‘aristocrat’ felled a tree when it interfered with his internet signal!  He needed to be in a direct line from the mast ( or to be able to receive a signal bounced off another’s receiver on a chimney, for example ) to receive a signal, but the tree was in the way. 
He paid the fine ( you can’t put a tree back up! ) and is quite happy with his signal now. 🙂

Easier to ask for forgiveness that to ask for permission 

On 18/02/2020 at 12:12, figgy said:

I know he's a successful businessman but I can't stand the fella. Thinks he can do as he pleases. Proper megalomaniac.

If the definition of 'successful businessman' is 'keeps on burning through investors money and asking for more', then yes, he is.

Tesla have not made an annual profit - ever. Yes, they occasionally make quarterly profits, but always by shunting costs forward one quarter to make the figures look better.

Only last week shareholders were asked to put another $2bn in (yes, $2,000,000,000) to keep the lights on invest in future projects

5 hours ago, TRINITY said:

If you are law abiding citizen in this country you generally respect the planning law and try and do things right. However there are others who buy a plot of land,build a fancy wall at the front of it, move caravans on for a while then progress to permenant buildings and houses. Nothing happens and all planning laws never seem to apply. Many such settlements seem to be appearing all over the countryside

Its a big problem round London suburbs with people building illegal extensions and bungalows at the bottom of the garden without planning permission. The councils are largely powerless to do anything about it .

Yes they COULD take one or two cases  to court and make them take it down but they can't fight all of them.

Also the registered owner is usually hard to find, "Mr XYZ is not here at the moment but I will try to get a message to him" which of course never happens. You can't serve papers on a brother/ nephew/ uncle.  

22 minutes ago, figgy said:

If it's investors money all the time how can he be classed as a billionaire? Something not right, if they think Tesla is worth a lot when it's making a loss

He has 'paper wealth'.

Because the share value (and Musk owns a LOT of shares) is high based on demand.  If it looks to come good - he (and the other shareholders) will be (actually) rich if they sell their shares.  If it all goes pear shaped - the share value will plummet - and the company might have to cease trading .......

Amazon lost lots of money for years - and it came good and its founder (Geoff Bezos) is the wealthiest man in the world.

Thats how it goes; value rises based on hope before real money is earned; people get rich taking risks on that sort of speculation; others go broke.

1 hour ago, robbiep said:

If the definition of 'successful businessman' is 'keeps on burning through investors money and asking for more', then yes, he is.

Tesla have not made an annual profit - ever. Yes, they occasionally make quarterly profits, but always by shunting costs forward one quarter to make the figures look better.

Only last week shareholders were asked to put another $2bn in (yes, $2,000,000,000) to keep the lights on invest in future projects

If it’s so bad why do they keep fronting it?