Leatherman guarantee?

chrisjpainter

My sidekick's just died a death. It looks like the spring of the pliers has just rusted through and snapped. Anyone know how good leatherman are with guarantees and the like? It's barely a year old, and I'm struggling to find the receipt! I thought they were fairly indestructible and made from pretty high quality stainless steel...

I never had a problem with their guarantee  

I broke the file on my abused one sent it off and it was returned repaired and cleaned. It did contain a handwritten note saying clean and oil it every now and again. 

at this point it was long discontinued and about 10 years old 

if I recall it was Whitby knives who were the service provider. 

contact leatherman through their website.  

Edited by ph5172

3 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, should be a 25 year warranty check on the uk leatherman web site, you may need the receipt or some payment details of where purchased, send by royal mail insure and tracking

Thanks chaps. I was a little vexed! I had to make do with my £10 Mora knife, which gets abused and abused but still holds an edge and keeps on doing the business!

I recently bought a second hand leatherman off eBay to replace my lost Wave and when I received it, it wasn't in great condition so I emailed leatherman and they said send it to them and they would look at it. Seven days later they emailed to say that they didn't repair or service but under their 25 year guarantee they would replace with a brand new one.

Their email addy is sales@leatherman.co.uk

I've had my Learherman Wave 22 years and it's a bit like Triggers brush.

Been back under the guarantee a few times, usually for me using it on something it wasn't made for, general wear and tear and utter abuse.

Never had a problem, they repair or replace as necessary and it always comes back cleaned, oiled and sharpened too.

I think if memory serves me they're in Kendal.

35 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, should be a 25 year warranty check on the uk leatherman web site, you may need the receipt or some payment details of where purchased, send by royal mail insure and tracking

hello, my son bought me a leatherman many many years ago, never used as i prefer those cheapies, its the PST 11 model, ?

I've broke the tip.of my Micra and the scissors stopped cutting. Sent it off and they sent me a new one. Scissors won't cut as the joint isn't tight. Might send them off again, great when you can do this as I would buy more due to the warranty being honoured.

An internal 'interlocking' part (that prevents blades opening when pliers in use I think) broke on my Charge tti.  I cannot imagine how it happened and the first I knew about it was when the snapped part fell out and was loose in my pocket.  I couldn't think where this metal part had come from initially as it is not an obviously visible part.  I eventually spotted where it had come from by comparing with the other 'side'.  Replaced by Whitby no problem.

I bought my first Leatherman when they first came to the UK years ago - and still have it, though without locking (especially on the screwdriver blades) I don't use it now.  It is too easy for these to suddenly fold in when in use and trap fingers - locking is essential.  The modern ones with locking are excellent, but the daft UK law on locking is a snag.  They do a 'UK legal' model (of the 'Rebar' called the Rebar EDC) which has no cutting blade and scissors instead, but I find that without the blade it is of rather less use.

Great products and great support/service.  You get what you pay for.

Edited by JohnfromUK

12 hours ago, figgy said:

I've broke the tip.of my Micra and the scissors stopped cutting. Sent it off and they sent me a new one. Scissors won't cut as the joint isn't tight. Might send them off again, great when you can do this as I would buy more due to the warranty being honoured.

I’ve broken the tip off the nail file.

Where did you send them?

:shaun: