Sign in to follow this  
Ferret664

Trout season 2020 catch reports

Well fished Grafham yesterday which was more like the north sea . Blowing a gale and pouring with rain and it's the first time out on a boat i have ever actually felt sea sick which was a first for me 😂😂 we headed over to the north shore but it was far to windy to fish even with the drogue out so headed to the south shore for some shelter.  Had a fish follow and my boat partner lost one . Him fishing a di3 with a snake and me fishing a di5 sweep with a tadpole.  Eventually the wind dropped enough for us to venture  back to the north shore.  We're eventually we found some fish . I took 5 to the washing line on a Hoover line 4 took the blob booby on point and one took a size 12 black buzzer which made my day nice overwintered fish just going over 3lb . My friend took 3 fish one about 3.5lb all to a black snake.  So in the end 8 to the boat which considering the weather I didn't think was a bad result for us 

On 29/02/2020 at 11:03, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, there is nothing to beat fishing for wild trout with a split cane rod and silk line, always had a day on the Avon around Salisbury every year with my fishing friend when we were in the SADC,

hello, my sons just booked us a day on the Kennet in mayfly time

Fished chigborough yesterday with the girlfriend.  Had a great day on the bigger lake fished 3 hours landed 10 , lost 5 missed countless takes ! Mini black lures, blob and crunchers doing the damage! Was windy but a beautiful day to be out fishing. 

Blanked on Saturday, which was a shame!

More importantly I’m trying to figure out if fishing is classed as exercise?

It was deemed that golf wasn't.

On 16/03/2020 at 08:24, Ferret664 said:

Well fished Grafham yesterday which was more like the north sea . Blowing a gale and pouring with rain and it's the first time out on a boat i have ever actually felt sea sick which was a first for me 😂😂 we headed over to the north shore but it was far to windy to fish even with the drogue out so headed to the south shore for some shelter.  Had a fish follow and my boat partner lost one . Him fishing a di3 with a snake and me fishing a di5 sweep with a tadpole.  Eventually the wind dropped enough for us to venture  back to the north shore.  We're eventually we found some fish . I took 5 to the washing line on a Hoover line 4 took the blob booby on point and one took a size 12 black buzzer which made my day nice overwintered fish just going over 3lb . My friend took 3 fish one about 3.5lb all to a black snake.  So in the end 8 to the boat which considering the weather I didn't think was a bad result for us 

I take it that you er..................cleaned up then  ?      😄

3 hours ago, Modafinale said:

Most venues are now closed 😩

hello, yes shame but needs must, if Farmoors shut they could sort out those big black birds, must have been 200 last time i was there

On 24/03/2020 at 21:39, Westley said:

It was deemed that golf wasn't.

I take it that you er..................cleaned up then  ?      😄

Damn auto correct haha hoverer line! 

On 24/03/2020 at 22:44, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, yes shame but needs must, if Farmoors shut they could sort out those big black birds, must have been 200 last time i was there

Yes it's for the best really.  Such a shame I had promised myslef I would fish much more regularly this year and was doing so well and had been out that last 4 week's in a row and Grafham was just starting to turn on😭😭😭