how long to wait for SGC

Frozenbeard

Hi from NW England,

Just a quick question, I've been waiting around 150 days now for my certificate application with GMP and have not even received a home visit. Is this a normal wait or has something gone wrong with the system of late. I've phoned and they seem to think it's normal but when I've checked online it says around 90 days. I wonder if anyone has heard of any similar tales.

Just now, blackbird said:

It’s all down to every police force has a budget & unfortunately I think the firearms license dept comes way down on the list of priorities.

As mentioned on a post I put up recently, my coterminous licences are due in May. S.W. Police have now jumped on the gravy train and are insisting on a GP pro forma. They state 'no form, no licence. As my 'wonderful' GP has refused to have anything to do with this, I went through BASC and was given the name etc of a GP who would look at my records. Once I get a copy of my medical records from my GP, they will be forwarded to the (BASC) GP.

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

It’s all down to every police force has a budget & unfortunately I think the firearms license dept comes way down on the list of priorities.

Reading todays papers it seems catching, locking up criminals seems low down on the budget as well.

1 hour ago, steve_b_wales said:

As mentioned on a post I put up recently, my coterminous licences are due in May. S.W. Police have now jumped on the gravy train and are insisting on a GP pro forma. They state 'no form, no licence. As my 'wonderful' GP has refused to have anything to do with this, I went through BASC and was given the name etc of a GP who would look at my records. Once I get a copy of my medical records from my GP, they will be forwarded to the (BASC) GP.

Takes about 30 seconds to print your records.  I had mine within a minute to take to a private heart surgeon for a check up.

23 hours ago, Walker570 said:

A simple one for one in Leicestershire took three weeks.    The whole police force of GB is going to the dogs.....no I'm unfair there..... IT HAS GONE TO THE DOGS!!!

Only due to the red tape and them not being allowed to be police or do the job. They touch someone even slightly these days they get investigated. I don't envy them one bit

Almost all down to the over educated degree waving senior staff who can't make a decision before checking their CVs.  I remember Geoffrey Deere coming to the West Mids, he clearly stated that if we made a decision at the time which we thought was the correct one, he would back us 100%.  Having said that he did not stand idiots.

He rattled a few cages during in early service and consequently it almost took him a lifetime to get to be in the Lords. 

Edited by Walker570

• 4 months later...
58 minutes ago, Frozenbeard said:

Still waiting, 40 weeks now. I wonder how far down the line I am now !!!!

They stopped processing grants at the outbreak of covid.
Variations stopped also, and renewals were done over the phone where possible.

As far as Im aware, most forces are back on the case now, but there will be a massive backlog.

Patience Im afraid.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...