Ended up on osr again

dad

i saw some drilling being done last thursday afternoon and went to check it out saturday and pleased to see red barley all over it but not a bird on it so one to watch i returned on monday barley still visible still no birds but i could see about 500 on another field on same farm about 400 yds away through the bins it looked like another drilling but the track was so wet and cut up by the tractors i was sure my 4x4 suv. Would get stuck so i decided to look at the rape again on the new perm i arrived about 12.30 and found a good 1500 sitting on 2 brown fields and some feeding on one of the rape fields the field i chose to shoot ran the full lenght and in front of both brown fields with the wind the way it was i needed to get in the hedge with these fields behind me so i quickly set up a rotary and an 4 dead birds 2 on cradles an 2 on angel wings and 6 half shells then i got in the car and put out 3 string bangers 2 fields behind me on osr then walked the birds off the brown fields down wind onto another part of the farm about 600yds away so they should come back into the wind and my field most went in the right direction by the time i parked the car and walked to the hide started the rotary they were coming back, totaly unready i scrambled 2 carts in no ear plugs or mask 20 pigeons whizzing around in front wanting to come in some landed got up again total chaos bang bang double miss more birds  coming 2 more carts still no earplugs bang bang1miss 1going down must watch it more birds coming it came down half a field away the other birds that were coming were now so close i was under a tree they over shot the decoys and were in my face nearly i was waving the gun at them to try and get some distance bang bang double miss and I'm on 6 for one if i find it i thought $##*##; this i must calm down,i did, the good sport only lasted an hour and a half i shot 22 for 46 considering how windy it was not too bad most misses i think were in front it took me a while notice how slow into the wind and how fast going away they were going. When i packed up hundreds were sitting on the brown field furthest from my position.

20200217_151517_compress71.jpg