"I'm mainly doin'...."

ditchman

decieded to have a change this year....so im selling my old cylinder mower and going for a rotary...so i can grow the grass longer....it will need less watering and stay greener during the year...

eventually dropped on to this Hayter 10/30 for £380 squids including grass collector...hadnt been used for 5 years...and before that it had very little use...the exhaust still has silver paint on it......

the machine is 20 years old and has never been cleaned....serviced every year...and still the same blade ...which you can see in one of the pics....it is totally stuffed ...i have never seen one as bad as that...and it makes the deck vibrate....so the first thing i did was to remove all the covers and clean it.....the oil is i think the wrong visco' and the fuel is contaminated ...so the tank will be coming off and cleaned with new filter etc...

i will start this project again , after i have cleared up all the damage from the 2 storms ...

mower and knife 005tn_.JPG

mower and knife 006tn_.JPG

mower and knife 007tn_.JPG

mower and knife 008tn_.JPG

mower and knife 020tn_.JPG

mower and knife 021tn_.JPG

mower and knife 022tn_.JPG

mower and knife 023tn_.JPG

mower and knife 024tn_.JPG

mower and knife 025tn_.JPG

mower and knife 026tn_.JPG

mower and knife 027tn_.JPG

mower and knife 028tn_.JPG

mower and knife 029tn_.JPG

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah ha...their all sweetness and light now.  The things that have been said on here in the last 14 days..... well I didn't get involved being of a nervous timid nature.......

that looks a useful little machine Simon and already starting to look like new and should serve you well.  I have a much bigger version..Kubota and one advantage is you can hold a glass at the same time as your mowin' :yes:

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Hah ha...their all sweetness and light now.  The things that have been said on here in the last 14 days..... well I didn't get involved being of a nervous timid nature.......

that looks a useful little machine Simon and already starting to look like new and should serve you well.  I have a much bigger version..Kubota and one advantage is you can hold a glass at the same time as your mowin' :yes:

You talk it and I'll shovel it!:rolleyes:

10 hours ago, rovercoupe said:

Were they cutting the gravel driveway with that blade? 

HHhhahahhahaaaa..............i have NEVER EVER seen a blade as bad as that...:w00t:...........its been on for 20 years....these blades have to be balanced....difficult when half of it is worn away.........i have a very good 2nd hand one    so when i take it off i will put then together and we can all have a good larf.....

bought a tool off the internet for £7.99 to enable me to lift the machine up so i can clean it and work under neath

any guess's ???

26 minutes ago, ditchman said:

HHhhahahhahaaaa..............i have NEVER EVER seen a blade as bad as that..............its been on for 20 years....these blades have to be balanced....difficult when half of it is worn away.........i have a very good 2nd hand one    so when i take it off i will put then together and we can all have a good larf.....

bought a tool off the internet for £7.99 to enable me to lift the machine up so i can clean it and work under neath

any guess's

Easy to balance, just cut the same amount off the other side!

Some pictures of your £7:99 wonder lift would be interesting Mate.