"I'm mainly doin'...."

ditchman

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Not bothered about the look of the aluminium - self etch primer, then enamel paint going over the frame. I was just bothered about it eating the metal.

in that case use it....it will do a better job than etching fluid.........

it is not that aggressive...............spray some on clean alumiuim...and you will see

Edited by ditchman

as the weather is less windy ....i managed to get a bit more done............float bowl came off and was full of rubbish....new plug......and i splashed out for a new blade..........

to lift the mower i bought a 6:1 pulley for under a tenner off amazon ....christ that makes things easy....and then chocked it when i got underneath just incase...........

the blade i bought is a double chop blade as i have removed the grass collector and fitted the side chute....and have also removed the weight at the front..........

will put the new blade on tomorrow and have a wizz...........managed to get the engine ticking over nicely as i removed the anti tamper stop on the slow running screw...and screwed it alll the way in to unblock it............then reset it.........so that is fine now..........:good:

blades 001tn_.JPG

blades 002tn_.JPG

blades 003tn_.JPG

blades 004tn_.JPG

blades 005tn_.JPG

blades 006tn_.JPG

blades 007tn_.JPG

blades 008tn_.JPG

blades 009tn_.JPG

blades 010tn_.JPG

blades 011tn_.JPG

time to put the side chute on ....this was all bent as it had been up in the up postition for ever ....so that went into boiling water so it would regain its memory.........new blade on now and took it for a test spin............

• no vibration now
  • wind it up to 1/3rd revs 
  • engage cutter pulley (now oiled and set right)
  • bring it up to 2/3rds revs

souunds nice......like Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

adjuster cutter table          16 positions for that and 8 cutter heights.........the deck wasnt level at all nose down and on one side

why dont folk read the damn instructions when they get a machine..........

cuts bootiful now......will powerwash the cutter table when it is dry and spray with hammerite....put the side panels on ....then thats it 

just got to nwait for a dry day and i will post up the final pics....:good:

side chute 001tn_.JPG

side chute 002tn_.JPG

side chute 003tn_.JPG

side chute 004tn_.JPG

side chute 005tn_.JPG

7 minutes ago, ditchman said:

time to put the side chute on ....this was all bent as it had been up in the up postition for ever ....so that went into boiling water so it would regain its memory.........new blade on now and took it for a test spin............

• no vibration now
  • wind it up to 1/3rd revs 
  • engage cutter pulley (now oiled and set right)
  • bring it up to 2/3rds revs

souunds nice......like Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

adjuster cutter table          16 positions for that and 8 cutter heights.........the deck wasnt level at all nose down and on one side

why dont folk read the damn instructions when they get a machine..........

cuts bootiful now......will powerwash the cutter table when it is dry and spray with hammerite....put the side panels on ....then thats it 

just got to nwait for a dry day and i will post up the final pics....:good:

If they did YOU WOULDN'T pick-up such BARGAINS!:w00t:

19 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I have visions of it doing wheelies round the lawn

you joke.............i have taken the front weights off now ...as i dont need the weight to compinsate for the grass collector at the back...........put it in 2nd gear and let the clutch out too qick ...and i did a little wheelie:lol::w00t:

53 minutes ago, ditchman said:

you joke.............i have taken the front weights off now ...as i dont need the weight to compinsate for the grass collector at the back...........put it in 2nd gear and let the clutch out too qick ...and i did a little wheelie

I had to read the last word twice Simon 😀

well there we go ...all done now..........not bad for a 19 year old mower...took it all apart and put it together how it should be ...all links correctly set and greased....stuck the floor grips down....service ...loads of new bits......pulled the carb apart.........ticks over a treat now

pleased with that now ...not bad for £300 and something quid....quite pricy new

runs slick as snot ....

THE END

mower fin 001tn_.JPG

mower fin 002tn_.JPG

mower fin 003tn_.JPG

mower fin 004tn_.JPG

mower fin 005tn_.JPG

mower fin 006tn_.JPG

mower fin 007tn_.JPG

mower fin 008tn_.JPG

mower fin 009tn_.JPG