Ghost Ship

Danger-Mouse

25 minutes ago, islandgun said:

I expect it holed now, could be very expensive to move !

is it standard procedure to just set adrift an abandoned ship ?. youd have thought that the owners would do all they could to retrieve it before it had drifted too far.

1 minute ago, Old farrier said:

The crew were taken off the ship after power failure in bad weather 

i meant i thought that the owners would have sent someone to recover it , is it possible to tow something like that ?, or would it just not be economically viable ? . at the very least you would think that it could be sunk (obviously once it was decontaminated) , just to avoid the danger to other ships.

1 minute ago, mel b3 said:

i meant i thought that the owners would have sent someone to recover it , is it possible to tow something like that ?, or would it just not be economically viable ? . at the very least you would think that it could be sunk (obviously once it was decontaminated) , just to avoid the danger to other ships.

You have to find it on a big ocean 

they probably thought (hoped) it had sunk in the storm 

there or dozens of these ghost boats out on the ocean 

big money if you find one but salvage boats are expensive to run in the deep ocean 

Marine salvage will claim it.  The insurers will probably have paid out and now will let a marine salvage company take it away. So long as it don't break up, tempory repairs to shell bottom and pumps to get it to a yard.

Some interesting documentaries on marine salvage hunters. How they can put huge air inflation bags in and keep.them afloat.

Just read a news report saying someone has claimed it for the owners 🥴

Edited by figgy