Which service do you use to send parcels?

Thunderbird

I use parcel2go and pick the best service for what I am sending to where , I send out around 30 parcels a month worldwide and so far, in 5 years, only 2 have gone astray. When things have gone wrong I have been quickly and fully compensated.

They do not have a telephone number but they do have online chat which is generally very good

Up to 2kg use royal mail signed for - £50 compensation is included or for lower value items if you get a proof of postage then the compensation is £20

Edited by 243deer

Most of the items I sell are under 2 kilos , if the item is valued up to £25 then I use Royal Mail 2nd class , if over £25 then it is sent R / M 2nd class signed for , with the village post office just down the road and the good service I have had then there is no need for me to change postal services .

Only ever claimed once for a missing parcel and they paid  up in full , including the postage . some people moan about R M but I have found them pretty reliable .

Parcel to go. Any thing under 2kg and 45cm - royal mail, airguns + pistols - parcelforce 48(use code fe20 for a 20% discount, its worked for a few months)((mind you they've just screwed up a parcel I'm now trying to get back on track, I'm going to get compensation some how, but they don't know it yet)) , most other stuff is usually hermes as they are the closest at 4 miles away. When I've priced it competitively low, I can't afford to stick a extra tenner in the car to drive to the next big town and back when I've charged actual delivery price at cost. Dpd, collect+ are all miles away and closed before I finish work, and i work Mon-sat full time. 

I know I hear about a lot of bad press about hermes, but as a customer both ways, apart from once in the hundreds of dealings I've done, I can't say I've ever had a problem. 

I use Parcels 2 Go, sent something to my son recently it was £3.50 post office wanted £13.

Hermes is rubbish but they are cheap. They use housewives and OAPS to deliver parcels in their own cars. As my stuff is never valuable that's not a problem.

Edited by Vince Green