New Immigration Rules

WestonSalop

2 minutes ago, B725 said:

I agree with you with some of it but it's the idle and the wealthy that both milk the system, the average working man on paye just get on with life and holds his head high. 

that’s my point the willing to work are being prevented by slave wages and a system that stops them being better of working by lumping them in with the lazy 

13 minutes ago, B725 said:

the average working man on paye just get on with life and holds his head high. 

As he has a right to. But unless it's a virtue to be shafted,  probably there's nothing to be proud about.  Back in the day my late father was paying 70%+ PAYE and doing overtime until 8pm+ at night to put myself and my sister through university ( and I never thanked him enough). At the same time, my uncle who'd just sold a few acres of his land to a gravel company for a sum that at today's prices would be several million was getting a full grant for my cousins. It wasn't fair and it never will be fair and they just sell you the idea of holding your head high in order to perpetuate the scam. As my father used to say, 'PAYE is just a racket'.

How many members of HMG cabinet or even the HoC or the Lords are on PAYE? I'd hazard a guess = 0. That's all you need to know.

I remember a programme set in the fens, they interviewed some local lads outside the job centre who wouldn't work on the farms, then followed some of the E European lads making more than £100  per day [years ago] cutting caulies......7 days a week...  surely thats better than the dole 

3 minutes ago, B725 said:

Retsdon your farther did your family proud and by working hard to provide for your needs just proves he was indeed a good man. 

He was a hospital consultant and, once it was up and running,  worked for the NHS his whole life. I remember asking him one time why he didn't do private practice - he could certainly have made more money. His reply was that private medicine was fine if you had an acute condition like appendicitis or if you needed a one-off operation like a hip replacement, but if you were chronically sick the private sector wouldn't want to know you. And that was all he said.  He was one of that generation that were demobbed from the war with a determination to make the country a better place to live in and that's pretty much what he did. Yes, he was a good man

Although the wealthy are able to milk the system they do have to spend or invest their wealth eventually so the money goes back into the treasury one way or another.. It may not go back as income tax but it goes back as fuel tax, VAT etc and their money gets spent in shops and restaurants etc keeping the economy bubbling and paying peoples wages.

On the other hand, most of the Eastern Europeans I know are working cash in hand and taking their money home because it has four times the buying power back home. I can't blame them for that, if the roles were reversed I would be doing the same no question.

However, we have to examine the economic impact of the two different situations. Money that stays in the country goes round and round, even if the treasury misses out on a bit of income tax here and there it soon generates more tax when its spent.. Money that goes out of the country in bundles of notes is dead money. Nobody benefits except the country it ends up in.

I don't think people in this country fully realise just how much money goes back to eastern Europe. Britain is the largest single "employer" in Poland. In Romania 25% of its entire GDP comes from Britain. I don't have figures for Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia etc but I have no reason to think there is much difference.

Most of it is invisible, untrackable,  that is THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM, stopping unskilled immigration is not just about flooding the job market with cheap labour, its about the real hidden cost to the country.

A distant relative of mine is a time served carpenter, A wonderful skilled man, twenty years ago he was earning £100+ a day fitting kitchens. Today he is earning £80 a day doing the same job. The customers are not paying any less. He voted BREXIT, can you blame him?

Edited by Vince Green

when this country voted to join the common market factories started closing and moved abroad at the same time aaccountants told businesses they did not need to train workers as there was now an endless supply from europe the training schools and apprenticeships went coventry was a prime example the Butts College of engineering closed due to lack of demand as the companies recruted from europe. The french will not employ non french workers unless there is  a shortage of french in yhat skill group If they do employ someone non french  and there is a french capable and willing to do said job the company must employ said person above foreigner ALSO THIER DOLE IS FOR 2 YEARS.They also have a policy that if you retire and still work you forfit your pension This is thier way of cutting unemployment

Reminds me that when I needed some building work done, I tried to hire local companies. Most of them didn't even bother turning up. Or turn up but didn't even get a quote back to me.

Ultimately I hired a bunch of Romanian chaps, who worked 7am to 8pm, fed on pizza and ciggies, didn't complain at all about anything -- sure the work wasn't *masterclass* but at least it was done and I didn't have get calls from people calling me 'mate' who claimed they couldn't get to me because <insert whatever lie> they came up with at the time.

Personally I came to this country in 99, and I'd JUST ABOUT make the idiotic 70 points to get hired here, even tho their minimum current salary is like 29k, and in 99 I was hired at £45k. "doh" as one says.

7 hours ago, Newbie to this said:

I knew someone who did the same and used the same excuse.

He came in the pub looking sorry for himself one evening.

When asked what was wrong he explained that the people he employed for their work ethic, had stolen his contract by undercutting him and he was effectively out of work. I laughed my rear off. Apparently they had offered him a job, but at the greatly reduced wages he was paying them. 

LOL!

3 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

But hey, it's what the people voted for

According to Murray, we voted for it because we re racist. 

'I also find it irresistibly hilarious that the large majority of those who voted Brexit and voted Tory, who were primarily motivated by racism, will as a consequence face a substantive surge in non-white immigration. You would need a heart of stone not to laugh at that'

Or maybe, just maybe.. He's wrong, but who am I to question? 

44 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

According to Murray, we voted for it because we re racist. 

'I also find it irresistibly hilarious that the large majority of those who voted Brexit and voted Tory, who were primarily motivated by racism, will as a consequence face a substantive surge in non-white immigration. You would need a heart of stone not to laugh at that'

Or maybe, just maybe.. He's wrong, but who am I to question? 

Sorry Rewolf not my quote, give the honour to Retsdon where it originated.

Mine was the Yawn since it appears all who disagree with him are racists