Getting past my sell by date

Taileron

I’m reaching the end of my career working for Her Majesty and I have started to feel a little past it, a point which was illustrated by one of my young subordinates this morning.

Allegedly being a “social media influencer” is an actual job. I thought it was just a term for some work shy loser to sit at home on facetube all day. I mistakenly thought an actual job was where you went to an actual place of work and contributed in some way and received remuneration in return for your efforts. How wrong was I....

29 minutes ago, Taileron said:

I’m reaching the end of my career working for Her Majesty and I have started to feel a little past it, a point which was illustrated by one of my young subordinates this morning.

Allegedly being a “social media influencer” is an actual job. I thought it was just a term for some work shy loser to sit at home on facetube all day. I mistakenly thought an actual job was where you went to an actual place of work and contributed in some way and received remuneration in return for your efforts. How wrong was I....

Don't forget those early adopters in fieldsports, plenty of them about...as well as the wannabes

It ******* believe where do they come up with these names and how can they turn round and say they had hard day.

I used to break between 8/10 ton of car/lorry engines with burning gun and sledge hammer per day I never used to say I had a hard day

back home shower round pub till tea time then back round pub for game card darts or dominoes till kicking out time then back at it.

Mind you if you could see me know riddled with arthritis ******** for walking more than 40 yards with out getting out of breath 

would I do it again hell yes really enjoy it.

50 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

That is pretty much what it is. Also known as brand ambassador etc etc. 

Brand ambassador!!! Don’t get me started on that nonsense. Long story short, a few years back my son and I were choosing him a nice watch for his 18th. The sales person genuinely thought that telling us Mr G Clooney wore this particular brand would somehow sway us/me into buying it. We didn’t buy it.

On 20/02/2020 at 13:57, Smokersmith said:

Make no mistake .. people are getting very rich doing this type of thing.

Greta Thernberg is a social media influencer and she is reportedly making millions

23 hours ago, Taileron said:

The sales person genuinely thought that telling us Mr G Clooney wore this particular brand would somehow sway us/me into buying it. We didn’t buy it.

Yes but you can bet George Clooney never bought his one