No need...

henry d

32 minutes ago, jonny705 said:

I have followed this forum for many years and it has changed.

It is very one sided,only a handfull of people challenge the PW massive.

Henry is one of the few, i may not agree with all what he says , but he at least provides some evidance to back himself up- which is rubbished at evey turn, most offer only their opinion.

If this forum is a slice of average Uk people, it is starting to follow the path of opinions being more important than any facts, or History , just how well you spin it,same as our Goverment then?

i dont care how rose-tinted i may think Henery D glasses are, i am pretty sure he dont subscribe to  Social Darwinism, i do and so do most on this site IMO, you just dont know it.

His online persona to me is someone of integrity, at the moment most on here are like a pack of wolves, its not good or nice is it?

this is PW  not face book / twitter / other media bitchfest   most on here try to help each other      sometimes we  are very  passionate about our country  sports   and rattle a cage or two  which  brings out the worst in all of us     me included       its very hard to decipher  as a written comment  compared to a spoken word face to face   however henry d  stretches a debate  and rattles a cage or two   👍 from me           your heart is in the right place fella  rattle a cage or two  more

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jonny705 said:

His online persona to me is someone of integrity, at the moment most on here are like a pack of wolves, its not good or nice is it?

I appreciate what you're saying, and believe it or not, I have great respect for Henry and what he has done in his life. 

He is perfectly free to air his views on here, yet often does so in a very scathing, and rather rude manner, often challenging the intellectual abilities of a poster. 

You speak of 'facts' against opinions, but sources quoted as fact are often just opinions, a statement from a refugee in this instance has been touted as a fact, when clearly it may be anything but. 

Many "factual ' online sources are heavily biased one way or another, some are just plain wrong, it is not a fact just because someone says it is. 

The real question is, if henry is happy to come on and do the job of correcting us lost souls, and resetting our collective moral compasses, who are we to stop him? 

Sometimes he may be right.. But to he with a mission, he is never wrong. 

4 hours ago, jonny705 said:

Henry is one of the few, i may not agree with all what he says , but he at least provides some evidance to back himself up- which is rubbished at evey turn, most offer only their opinion.

If this forum is a slice of average Uk people, it is starting to follow the path of opinions being more important than any facts, or History , just how well you spin it,same as our Goverment then?

i dont care how rose-tinted i may think Henery D glasses are, i am pretty sure he dont subscribe to  Social Darwinism, i do and so do most on this site IMO, you just dont know it.

This is spot on 👍

5 hours ago, jonny705 said:

Spot on. 

henry d has been one of the most interesting contributors to this Forum since its inception. He is very knowledgeable, with lots of practical experience about the main country sports matters we discuss and researches his Off Topic items very well.
Probably not everyone's cup of tea and I believe he delights in rattling the cages, but I suspect that those who rail against him do so as they are not capable of debate at his level.
Food for thought. 

On 22/02/2020 at 09:34, Cranfield said:

henry d has been one of the most interesting contributors to this Forum since its inception. He is very knowledgeable, with lots of practical experience about the main country sports matters we discuss and researches his Off Topic items very well.
Probably not everyone's cup of tea and I believe he delights in rattling the cages, but I suspect that those who rail against him do so as they are not capable of debate at his level.
Food for thought. 

👍

1 hour ago, Nial said:

He's invited me shooting a few times, sold me a gun at the right price and I think he's a "bloody nice chap". 

Hd is a good guy who has done a lot more for PW than most over the years.

He has his views and has always fought his corner without getting nasty no matter how persistent the yapping at his ankles.

4 hours ago, Zapp said:

He has his views and has always fought his corner without getting nasty no matter how persistent the yapping at his ankles

I'm sure hes a nice guy....

But to say he doesn't get nasty? 

You offer an opinion not in line with his , and his cutting and rude remarks are usually enough to bring out some yappers!

I and many others dont argue with him for the sake of it.

Quick update....

Not self isolating, mucho busyness. Recently there has been a beeavement, my bus pass birthday, 150% increase in work, my daughter getting engaged, visitors arriving unannounced (nice to have them though), leak in the bathroom almost causing a fire due to it dripping unnoticed onto electrics and I didn`t even get to see much of the 6 nations.

Thank you for the DM`s, you know who you are!

See you Thursday unless something else turns up or catches fire, plagues and pestilence permitting

1 minute ago, henry d said:

Quick update....

Not self isolating, mucho busyness. Recently there has been a beeavement, my bus pass birthday, 150% increase in work, my daughter getting engaged, visitors arriving unannounced (nice to have them though), leak in the bathroom almost causing a fire due to it dripping unnoticed onto electrics and I didn`t even get to see much of the 6 nations.

Thank you for the DM`s, you know who you are!

See you Thursday unless something else turns up or catches fire, plagues and pestilence permitting

Crikey. I'd avoid any horses of any colour for a while, particular the pale ones. Fortunately, there's another ten days befor the six nations is back up and running, so hopefully you'll get to watch some as we reach the pointy stage.

All the best, sir, and in this order:
Sorry to hear that, sorry to hear that, sorry to hear that, congratulations! well survived, oops and BOOOO!