Gamebore regal game

PPP

Is anyone else thoroughly underwhelmed by these?  I’ve had birds hit (admittedly at good height) and fly on, the pattern through my beretta optima plus chokes is patchy at best and as a lower recoil cartridge they have quite a snap to them... am I missing something?

Not used them myself but out of interest what shot size were you using ? I`ve always used 6`s for my rough shoot but through December i`ve not felt that the size 6 shot has been as effective, could be shot placement but I dont think it is and that`s across a few brands. I think I will be using up my 6`s and moving to 5`s.

ATB 

3 hours ago, salop sniper said:

Not used them myself but out of interest what shot size were you using ? I`ve always used 6`s for my rough shoot but through December i`ve not felt that the size 6 shot has been as effective, could be shot placement but I dont think it is and that`s across a few brands. I think I will be using up my 6`s and moving to 5`s.

ATB 

I agree, I akways favour 5’s over 6, makes a big difference 

2 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

I would sooner give up shooting than ever ever ever use Gamebore cartridges in any of my guns.

Having spent a couple of hours and a few trees of cardboard I would now agree and was previously a huge Gamebore fan, Hull pattern better through all of my berettas in various gauges and chokes ..

1 hour ago, matone said:

Only used a few 28gr  6`s ,found them effective but less pleasant to shoot than my usual Hull Imperials.

I’m starting to think I just need to order imperials in..

Whilst recoil testing for a  S x S I found GB cartridges a bit fierce regarding recoil but whilst beating a couple of years ago, a friend who was shooting became sick and I took his gun.

Using 32g GB and a fairly heavy O/U the recoil was Okay and they dropped stuff with authority. 

The best remedy for bad cartridges is, point your right index finger at the offending box then rotate it left 180°

Edited by Robertt

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...