Looking for a soft 28/30 g no 5 in 12 bore

PPP

After a lot of trial and error found the softest recoil and my favourites in 30g are Lylvale Supreme Game or Special Game.

Have been using them, in 5's, for several seasons and very satisfied with the results. Perfect for my lightweight S x S.

Have had a few occasional glitches with supply and then been using Hull Imperial.

I do prefer 5's and as you state the Hull are hard to find in that shot size.

Edited by Robertt

5 hours ago, Robertt said:

After a lot of trial and error found the softest recoil and my favourites in 30g are Lylvale Supreme Game or Special Game.

Have been using them, in 5's, for several seasons and very satisfied with the results. Perfect for my lightweight S x S.

Have had a few occasional glitches with supply and then been using Hull Imperial.

I do prefer 5's and as you state the Hull are hard to find in that shot size.

Excellent, thanks!

hello, i think people get to bogged down with cartridges, why shoot Purdey price cartridges pigeon/ crow shooting, we have all seen the huge price rises this last few years and many now including myself using the cheaper 7.5s clay cartridge, i would always use 28/30g 6 shot for game but i do not shoot this way often, with all the 7.5s it is about knowing your range and what choke to use

Are you set in stone on #5? And 28/30 gram? I am in Leicester near M1 J21 and have maybe seventy or so Lylvale Special Game #5 loaded 30 gram with fibre wad. The Lylvale would be a nominal cost of £6.50 per twenty-five collected with cash and sight of a valid SGC. If you had all seventy-five I'd accept £18.00.

Edited by enfieldspares