The lunatics take over the asylum! Again.

Penelope

'

THE biggest obstacles to saving the planet are the clothing and physical appearance of environmental protesters, research has found. 

Surveys found most people would support radical green policies if fewer environmentalists resembled New Age travellers and post-apocalyptic children’s entertainers.

Professor Henry Brubaker, of the Institute for Studies, said: “For years we’ve wondered why the climate change message wasn’t getting through. We now realise the answer was ‘white people with dreadlocks’.

“The planet is facing destruction, but when the person telling you that is a heavy weed-smoker called ‘Loz’ who plays the bongos it’s very difficult to believe it.

“Honestly, put an environmentalist in a suit and you’ll have a roomful of Tories agreeing that we should ban private car ownership within a day. Do the same with pink hair and facial piercings and they want coal back.”

But eco-warrior Emma ‘Woodgod’ Bradford said: “If it’s the choice of the planet dying of overheating or me wearing a tailored suit from M&S?

“I can’t compromise who I am. These tie-dye trousers and knitted Peruvian hat are the world to me.”

19 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

'

THE biggest obstacles to saving the planet are the clothing and physical appearance of environmental protesters, research has found. 

Surveys found most people would support radical green policies if fewer environmentalists resembled New Age travellers and post-apocalyptic children’s entertainers.

Professor Henry Brubaker, of the Institute for Studies, said: “For years we’ve wondered why the climate change message wasn’t getting through. We now realise the answer was ‘white people with dreadlocks’.

“The planet is facing destruction, but when the person telling you that is a heavy weed-smoker called ‘Loz’ who plays the bongos it’s very difficult to believe it.

“Honestly, put an environmentalist in a suit and you’ll have a roomful of Tories agreeing that we should ban private car ownership within a day. Do the same with pink hair and facial piercings and they want coal back.”

But eco-warrior Emma ‘Woodgod’ Bradford said: “If it’s the choice of the planet dying of overheating or me wearing a tailored suit from M&S?

“I can’t compromise who I am. These tie-dye trousers and knitted Peruvian hat are the world to me.”

🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

'

😄.............mind you,  I would have more respect if they arrive by walking bare foot,  dressed in dead leaves whilst carrying a packed lunch of ethically grown turnip..

Edited by islandgun

In the recent programme on these deluded's, they said that the mobile phone is their biggest tool.

So, more that happy for all the plastics, rare earth metals, etc that go into them and all the industries that provide the raw materials and make them. I bet they all upgrade on contract renewal, too. Hypocrites.

4 hours ago, Penelope said:

In the recent programme on these deluded's, they said that the mobile phone is their biggest tool.

So, more that happy for all the plastics, rare earth metals, etc that go into them and all the industries that provide the raw materials and make them. I bet they all upgrade on contract renewal, too. Hypocrites.

Industry is developing ( as we speak ) a deep sea dredging and drilling mechanism to source those very materials used on mobile phone technology. 🙂👍

• 2 weeks later...

Heres a new one, 'Climate change refugees' ....from Wales !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-51667018/the-uk-s-first-climate-change-refugees?fbclid=IwAR2QGo6oBW-l4PxsrvZrWtd2XYnE9x4j4_PVj_wKPeUirrWq3RrjKHxw_4k

A 2-3 metre sea level rise in 35 years time will put the village of Fairbourne , Gwynedd under water, so the council has given the 450 people who live there , notice to move out!
Keep in mind Barmouth across the estuary is in exactly the same situation , as well as a multitude of UK towns and villages, yet Fairbourne has been singled out ?

I smell a rat, besides the fact that such a sea level rise in that time frame is not predicted by even the most deranged climate 'expert' , there are far more vulnerable places, Norfolk being a good example.

BBC propaganda at its finest.

26 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Heres a new one, 'Climate change refugees' ....from Wales !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-51667018/the-uk-s-first-climate-change-refugees?fbclid=IwAR2QGo6oBW-l4PxsrvZrWtd2XYnE9x4j4_PVj_wKPeUirrWq3RrjKHxw_4k

A 2-3 metre sea level rise in 35 years time will put the village of Fairbourne , Gwynedd under water, so the council has given the 450 people who live there , notice to move out!
Keep in mind Barmouth across the estuary is in exactly the same situation , as well as a multitude of UK towns and villages, yet Fairbourne has been singled out ?

I smell a rat, besides the fact that such a sea level rise in that time frame is not predicted by even the most deranged climate 'expert' , there are far more vulnerable places, Norfolk being a good example.

BBC propaganda at its finest.

This village is actually below sea level at the moment with only a sea wall protecting them. What the Gwynedd council are doing is stopping maintaining the wall because of the cost.

Edited by discobob

1 hour ago, discobob said:

This village is actually below sea level at the moment with only a sea wall protecting them. What the Gwynedd council are doing is stopping maintaining the wall because of the cost.

Have you watched the video? 

It clearly blames climate change and predicted sea level rise. 

Have you been to the area? 

4 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Have you watched the video? 

It clearly blames climate change and predicted sea level rise. 

Have you been to the area? 

I haven't actually been there - just what we are getting on the welsh news (printed). Been like that for years but now they want to save costs (the council). It may be being blamed on the possible rise in sea levels but there is cost at  the root of it

33 minutes ago, discobob said:

I haven't actually been there - just what we are getting on the welsh news (printed). Been like that for years but now they want to save costs (the council). It may be being blamed on the possible rise in sea levels but there is cost at  the root of it

Worse case scenario for global sea level rise by 2080 is 25 cm.

Yet they are talking 50 cm by 2060?

But Faibourne is a minimum 200 cm above sea level, with another 2m wall and bank, other villages in the area have LESS, yet aren't at risk? 

Even if the magical 50 cm is hit this century, I'd get used to a lot of Dutch refugees before any Welsh ones.