Wilder V Fury

Smokersmith

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Fury to win but he`s not the fighter he was, so am going to be putting a tenner on Wilder to win.

I dont think Wilder will look to open up that eyebrow he will just land a devastating blow on Fury who wont take it again.

Fury needs to drop his coach and get back under his dads wing if he wants to carry on boxing. That`s just my over view of it though.

Fury has a lot more to lose, on that basis alone I think he will prevail.

What I don't quite understand though is his bringing Steward in saying that he needs to knock Wilder out, maybe because he thinks he'd draw again or worse still lose if the fight went the full distance. 

Objectively speaking, Fury won the first fight by a decent margin.

Objectively speaking, Fury won the first fight by a decent margin.

Yep have to agree, I think he was robbed, he done well to get up & carry on.

The recent program on him has made me change my stance, he seems to have changed his life round, & openly admit his faults, which I admire him for.

One thing is for sure, Wilder will be boxing a different fight on the night.

Fury, going by his last fight was to light, lost to much weight training, so IMO will have to gain some to be on par with Wilder.

Edited by Bazooka Joe
spelling

On 21/02/2020 at 14:30, billytheghillie said:

don't care, as he really is a ***** at heart.

Now now.

I genuinely don’t think this is easy to call. A look at the bookies would confirm this too.

I would like to see Fury get well beaten though, doesn’t come across as likeable to me (which is some going in the world of boxing where being a pillock seems to be something to aspire to).

****** are thieving scum who take what they can and intimidate  anyone they can                      however   traveler lads are pretty decent handshake agreement  types  will always ask can I have scrap etc    over the years I have done a lot of work  within the traveler community     a gentleman's  handshake seals the deal   and never ever had a problem    

I have never been owed a penny by travelers they will pay every penny when they have it        I  cant say the same for house dwellers   merc private plate his and hers on the drive no milk in the fridge for a coffee    20k kitchen  on finance  some checks get out now ccj s   etc      run now  fast as you can 

back to boxing  id like Tyson  to win  rather than a muscle bound American  however it could go either way  given their  last fight 

16 hours ago, yates said:

I for the first time ever I want Fury to win. It’s rumoured that he has been ‘ floored ‘ a couple of times by his sparing partners but fingers crossed that it all goes well on the night

11 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Yep have to agree, I think he was robbed, he done well to get up & carry on.

The recent program on him has made me change my stance, he seems to have changed his life round, & openly admit his faults, which I admire him for.

One thing is for sure, Wilder will be boxing a different fight on the night.

Fury, going by his last fight was to light, lost to much weight training, so IMO will have to gain some to be on par with Wilder.

In our household, we really used to cringe at Fury but have warmed considerably to him over the years - as he used to say "it's showbiz baby" or something to that effect - we just go with it now. Love him or loathe him, he is a REAL boxing talent and totally unpredictable!

The situation regarding the cut over his eye is intriguing, is he hiding the fact that it has indeed been opened up again in sparring or bluffing the Wilder camp into believing he has a problem but doesn't. Going all out to take Wilder down early may or may not be related to concerns over the robustness of the cut.

Lots of questions, which will be answered shortly 🙂 

I find myself hoping Fury wins. Trash talk is all very well - a tedious undertone that seems obligatory these days - but Wilder's comments about wanting a death on his record, then refusing to walk back from them, were disgraceful. I'd love to see a points win fro Fury. I want to see him dance around the ring and make Wilder look all out of ideas. He reckons a points win is impossible, and I can see is logic, but if he'd pulled it off, Wilder would never be able to argue with Fury being the better boxer.

That said, I'd take a Fury win by KO too

Just a quick drop in and a prediction before the fight ''which I might not even get to see'' as I'm in the middle of a house move that seems to be taking forever and all in horrible weather conditions.

Anyway- Wilder to win by devastating KO for me!  I respect how Fury has turned his life around but I'm (Team Wilder)

5 hours ago, walshie said:

Fury predicts knocking Wilder out in round 2. You can get odds of 66/1 on that bet. Tempting.

All hype, I can't see Fury getting a knock out, I watched the previous fight last night,  Wilder had the two knock downs for me and nothing else, hopefully this time Fury is fitter and will school Wilder big time, less show boating just box?