Wilder V Fury

Smokersmith

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fury every round, comfortably (well maybe save the point deduction). Fully deserved. 
Slightly odd performance/gameplan from Wilder, although I don’t know if that is a ruptured eardrum which effected his balance, he didn’t look to be moving well at all. 

I predicted a Fury KO, but didn't envisage being as bad a beating as it was. Wilder was nearly stopped in the first fight with Ortiz and I thought his stamina was suspect. That said, Fury has turned his life around and good luck to him. He was gracious in victory.

The only dark clouds on the horizon are what he does when he is finished with sport.

What I can't work out is which round one of the judges thought Wilder won? 59-52 59-52 and 58-53?? One docked from Tyson, two gone from Wilder for knockdowns, so how did one judge think Wilder won a round? a good 30 seconds at the start doesn't make up for the next 2mins 30 of swinging and missing whilst getting caught! and as for rounds 2-6, it could hardly have been more one sided!

23 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

What I can't work out is which round one of the judges thought Wilder won? 59-52 59-52 and 58-53?? One docked from Tyson, two gone from Wilder for knockdowns, so how did one judge think Wilder won a round? a good 30 seconds at the start doesn't make up for the next 2mins 30 of swinging and missing whilst getting caught! and as for rounds 2-6, it could hardly have been more one sided!

Same reason the last fight was scored a draw? :no: 

1 hour ago, chrisjpainter said:

I haven't seen anything yet, I'll be searching later for the fight, as for the judges I'm convinced some of them are still bought before the fight starts.

Run AJ run.