Wilder V Fury

Smokersmith

4 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

What I can't work out is which round one of the judges thought Wilder won? 59-52 59-52 and 58-53?? One docked from Tyson, two gone from Wilder for knockdowns, so how did one judge think Wilder won a round? a good 30 seconds at the start doesn't make up for the next 2mins 30 of swinging and missing whilst getting caught! and as for rounds 2-6, it could hardly have been more one sided!

Even the ref made some appalling decisions, it was totally bias, which I'm sure is why fury and his team decided the only way to guarantee the win was to stop wilder. Outstanding effort by fury, not just this fight but most of his career, his come back has been like a real life rocky film.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Cracking performance by fury, hes proved he's in a different class to wilder, I fully expect Joshua and his team to do everything they can to avoid fighting him.

Beat me lol

Good fight from Fury, so much for being pillow fisted lol. I can`t see why Aj would avoid him though ? by Furys own words, AJ gave him an *** whooping in a 3 round spar & Aj was still an amateur at that time. I also can`t see Aj standing with his hands down by his waist waiting to be hit & just looking for a big right hand all night. I hope AJ vs Fury happens as well as AJ vs Wilder. Whyte also is very deserving of his shot too but there will be no prize for it now though, the WBC are a joke &  have held that belt hostage for too long.

39 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Even the ref made some appalling decisions, it was totally bias, which I'm sure is why fury and his team decided the only way to guarantee the win was to stop wilder. Outstanding effort by fury, not just this fight but most of his career, his come back has been like a real life rocky film.

I thought that! Too many times he seemed to dive in, which protected Wilder. A bit of a nonsense really and without it I think Fury would have finished it in the fifth

My old man having been a keen amateur boxer in the East End in the 30s was a keen boxing fan and he always said if you travel to America to fight you don't just have to win you have to win by a KO or stoppage because you're not just fighting another boxer you're also fighting the ref and the judges. Fury and his team knew that going in and this time no one can dispute the outcome.

3 hours ago, Mr_Nobody said:

I don't think I've ever seen a boxer bleeding from the ear before. No wonder his balance was all over the place.

Well done Tyson, despite the best efforts of the referee!

Busted eardrums are common in boxing. 

6 hours ago, Mullard83 said:

Good fight from Fury, so much for being pillow fisted lol. I can`t see why Aj would avoid him though ? by Furys own words, AJ gave him an *** whooping in a 3 round spar & Aj was still an amateur at that time. I also can`t see Aj standing with his hands down by his waist waiting to be hit & just looking for a big right hand all night. I hope AJ vs Fury happens as well as AJ vs Wilder. Whyte also is very deserving of his shot too but there will be no prize for it now though, the WBC are a joke &  have held that belt hostage for too long.

AJ had trouble beating a fat Andy Ruiz, he showed himself to be overrated. 

16 minutes ago, ordnance said:

Busted eardrums are common in boxing. 

AJ had trouble beating a fat Andy Ruiz, he showed himself to be overrated. 

Never had that trouble in the rematch though. I believe Aj truly underestimated Ruiz Jr wich was a big mistake having followed his career. Let`s not forget Aj was the first person to put Ruiz Jr down & also people saying Aj didn`t have good footwork & was too robotic & he came back & put on a great boxing show, but as usual with some people he was damned whatever he did. No doubt if Aj had tried to go toe to toe with Ruiz & lost you would have labelled him a bum, instead he executed a good game plan using his height & reach advantage & outboxed Ruiz Jr so no doubt you would now say he was running scared. I was rooting for Fury & I hope that they fight each other this year & we also get to see DDD brought along if he comes through his fight against JJ. All I can say is it looks like we are going to have a great british reign with out current crop of heavyweights.

Ps Also looking forward to Aj vs Pulev too as Pulev has only lost to Klitschko so should also be a good fight.

I've just watched the fight!!

I hope the coverage on the telly was a lot better, you could only see one fighter half of the time, the referee was shocking,  it was like he had been told what was going to happen but it didn't,  he did his best to keep the fight going, it should have been over in 4 or 5, maybe he bet on round 6?

Fury didn't put a foot wrong, used his weight and reach, bravo sir.

Never had that trouble in the rematch though.

Yeah he beat a (fatter) Andy Ruiz, who put no effort into training for the rematch, not AJs fault but not a great win. No decent heavyweight will be shaking in their boots, taking him on after that display. 

Edited by ordnance

9 hours ago, ordnance said:

Yeah he beat a (fatter) Andy Ruiz, who put no effort into training for the rematch, not AJs fault but not a great win. No decent heavyweight will be shaking in their boots, taking him on after that display. 

As you say not AJ`s fault, but I believe the result would have still been the same as Aj. Hopefully we will see a good fight with Pulev as he will certainly come to fight, although if Aj beats him Pulev will then be labelled past his prime no doubt.