Day off in half term

youngratter

I managed to get today off which is rare during half term. 

Me and the 2 lads decided we were having a shooting day, so we got the 12g and 28g and us 3 went and sat in the hide for a couple of hours but there was nothing doing, so we packed and went home for some lunch. 

Once we had warmed up we got the airguns out and went for a good plinking session. 

We also got the 10yr old lab out of retirement for the occasion and she loved it 

IMG_20200221_140051_058.jpg

IMG_20200221_140051_059.jpg

Brilliant.  I could not believe it but there was a three pager in the SATURDAY Telegraph this weekend advising parents how to activate their kids.  I di not see anyone taking kids out for a mornings shooting or plinking with their air rifles though, what a pity.   I couldn't belive it was necesaary to advise parents how to entertain their children in half term, pathetic.

26 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Brilliant.  I could not believe it but there was a three pager in the SATURDAY Telegraph this weekend advising parents how to activate their kids.  I di not see anyone taking kids out for a mornings shooting or plinking with their air rifles though, what a pity.   I couldn't belive it was necesaary to advise parents how to entertain their children in half term, pathetic.

It's unreal how many children dont get out, or they just get taken to indoor activities. My other lad was at a pony  camp thing for 3 days which was all outside with his horse for the 3days in this weather but he still went and enjoyed ever minute of it! Such a same about the generation that is coming up 

Cracking photo of both your lad and that good looking Lab , the boys and girls went back to school this morning and I have to smile to myself when I see some of my neighbours take there kids to school in the motor when you could walk it in less than than ten minutes , I wondered how many went for walks on there week off , not that many I would have thought , when we were that age , the only reason we home was to eat and sleep and even then we were often late for our meal ,if we could turn back the clock ,  would I have changed with there life style ? , no , I loved the freedom we had

On 24/02/2020 at 20:11, marsh man said:

Cracking photo of both your lad and that good looking Lab , the boys and girls went back to school this morning and I have to smile to myself when I see some of my neighbours take there kids to school in the motor when you could walk it in less than than ten minutes , I wondered how many went for walks on there week off , not that many I would have thought , when we were that age , the only reason we home was to eat and sleep and even then we were often late for our meal ,if we could turn back the clock ,  would I have changed with there life style ? , no , I loved the freedom we had

Same here, if I wasn't out with a airgun I was out fishing, I was out dawn till dusk most days and often took food out with me so I didn't have to go home until dusk