Chris packman

Essex Keeper

No I didn't see it but just read where some idiot had hung a dead badger on his front gate again. What they ho0pe to achieve by that I don't know but they certainly do not represent me.

I have no time for Packham and his beliefs.    I'm a suspiticious old so and so and just wonder if these things are self orchestrated for publicity. Easy to do. I see dead badgers on the road side every day and foxes easy for someone to 'acquire' and as instructed hang them on his gate.  Sillier things have happened.

I do not believe I gave him credit, but if you took the trouble to read the report then you would see that these actions have done no more than harden both his resolve and those of all his supporters.  We should all be squeaky clean anyway.

3 minutes ago, clangerman said:

your a brave man giving the cretin who almost ended our sport credit on here fair play best put your hard hat on good luck 

4 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I do not believe I gave him credit, but if you took the trouble to read the report then you would see that these actions have done no more than harden both his resolve and those of all his supporters.  We should all be squeaky clean anyway.

my reply was for the original op i failed to quote him 

40 minutes ago, islandgun said:

I didnt see it, but its hard to imagine there isn't an ulterior motive. but as you say a positive thing 

Of course there is as the two posts below this quoted one also believe.

He's just lulling us into a false sense of security and he can appear to be generous in his remarks in the sure and certain knowledge that that activity is all but finished and offers little or no threat to his idea of utopia.

20 hours ago, Essex Keeper said:

Right late start this morning

winter watch was on the tv and Chris was talking about punt guns and wild Fowler’s and he didnt have a bad thing to say about seamed quiet positive 👍

Anyone  on here see it 

I saw it when it was first aired.  Suprised he talked of it in a possitave and even went on to say he used to subscribe to Gamekeeper and Countryside magazine.      NB

18 hours ago, grahamch said:

He has also just shamed the RSPCA give half a million back to the Scottish salmon farming lot

Aint he a VP Of RSPCA?     NB

38 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

I wonder if BASC and other interested parties have been notified of the complementary consultation?

I may be wrong but I think they are just going through the motions and will come out against game bird shooting, after all they will be asking their members for their views and most of the people I have meet who are RSPB members are against shooting.

• 2 weeks later...
On February 22, 2020 at 12:18, dessyb said:

im shure him and his friend mr schofield can find something else to do.

If you refer to Mr P Schofield of the tv fame he shoots here and about in the syndicate not a bad shot but is so  full of himself as all celebs are Packham is a birdwatch substitute  for the goody   Mr Bill Oddie nice chap.. Packham..he has publicity madness cant do without it his latest quest is also due to fail. His wild justice action has failed th talks are now being  wrote up to be presented  for law all due  respect though he has a passion for.... Shall i say....HIS SPORT   and that is show buisness.. Mr Packham. And. See you at Septembers Shoot Mr. Schofield ..(cut to adverts) thats a rap.

Edited by Alan J

On 23/02/2020 at 13:42, old'un said:

I wonder if BASC and other interested parties have been notified of the complementary consultation?

I may be wrong but I think they are just going through the motions and will come out against game bird shooting, after all they will be asking their members for their views and most of the people I have meet who are RSPB members are against shooting.

Of course they will!.......They are NOT conservationists, they are protectionists! 

6 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Of course they will!.......They are NOT conservationists, they are protectionists! 

I don't see the conflict personally, just follow the law in this and other things. All birds protected unless on general licence conditions.