Pot noodles YUK.

samboy

Hi gang.

A pal of mine brought me 4 pots of these round today. The brand is called Naked noodles. I have never tasted such filth in all my life and i mean filth.

So if you ever see them in the shops please please dont even think about buying them.  You have been warned.

Oh yes he is still my pal.

These days with good and inexpensive vacuum flasks with a wide mouth, you can put some real stew/pasta/chunky soup/minced beef and veggies in one - and it keeps nice for many hours.

Therefore pot noodles have no place in this world.

Edited by JohnfromUK

I must admit to having a regular supply of pot noodles on my boat when in my younger days my weekend were taken up with sea fishing. Seemed very convenient and tasty then, but not had one for years and have no intention of changing that.

OB

This thread about disgusting food reminds me of a fishing trip up to the Nith..........after a few beers, I was hungry (as you usually are after a few pints! Lol!) But was unable to get food late at night in Dumfries (this was in the 80s/90s) all eateries had stopped serving at about 9pm!.......against my better judgment, I went into a takeout pizza place (I was starving hungry!) well, I took one bite out of it spat it out, and skimmed the rest into the river Nith....what disgusting rubbish!.....went to bed hungry that night!

Sorry to wander off topic....but I can’t comment on pot noodle..............I’ve never been desperate enough to try one! 

Edited by panoma1

Just now, Old Boggy said:

Have they changed or is it our tastes that have changed ?

I suspect both.  The modern trend to reduce salt (especially) and sugar has led to food being blander as they often seem to reduce other seasonings/flavours at the same time.

In some cases there is a recovery plan available.  Amazing how tinned beans can be improved by a pinch of smoked paprika, a pinch of garlic powder, a splash or Worcester sauce and a squirt of tomato ketchup.