Ferrel pigeons

ShootingEgg

My other half's sister and brother in law have ferrals nesting on the roof of their house, and under the solar panels. It's a semi detached in the middle of a town. Even after non lethal methods of trying to Deter them and even having a hawk flown they still roost and nest on the roof. What is the next best way to attempt to remove them. Just don't feel air rifle would be a safe or sensible answer even if all people in the road are on side, only takes one to take offence. 

I have the same issues. I think they should pass legislation that all installers should fit mesh or a similar barrier upon installation of panels. It’s a major problem that can be construed as a health risk. 

I have an idea for mine using threaded rods between the alloy supports. If I drill through the support just at the height of the tile ridge and secure a threaded rod through them, it should close the gap to half of what it is and prevent the pigeons getting in.