Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JBevan

Whirly battery

Recommended Posts

Hi guys. what battery’s do you use for the whirly, I’ve always used a car battery, need something that lasts the day or two and is half the weight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use a couple of alarm batteries between 7ahs and 12ahs and just bought a solor battery charger that will do up to 50ahs so it's now costs nowt to keep them charged. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, B725 said:

I use a couple of alarm batteries between 7ahs and 12ahs and just bought a solor battery charger that will do up to 50ahs so it's now costs nowt to keep them charged. 

You mean the sun is shining in Derbyshire, must be gods county.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi when mine packed up needed one in a hurry , went to screwfix got a small 12v 7 amp batt for about £20 good enough for a day out in field , doubt it would last two but does the job 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/02/2020 at 13:04, spurs 14 said:

Hi when mine packed up needed one in a hurry , went to screwfix got a small 12v 7 amp batt for about £20 good enough for a day out in field , doubt it would last two but does the job 

You must have an efficient motor for a small battery like that to last all day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/02/2020 at 13:42, Walker570 said:

I sneak my wifes golf trolley battery   I do charge it back up for her though ........ OUCH!!!!!   Yes dear.

Funny enough , that is exactly the type of battery I use , I bought it off a mate of mine seconhand and I didn't know how old it was , this was a good 4 or 5 years ago , I have used it a lot and last Summer very often for 5 / 6 hours , up to now after charging it over night it have never let me down .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, motty said:

You must have an efficient motor for a small battery like that to last all day.

Hi , probably worded that wrong , it wouldn’t last 24 hours but out in the field it does me for 5/6 hours 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, spurs 14 said:

Hi , probably worded that wrong , it wouldn’t last 24 hours but out in the field it does me for 5/6 hours 

I would expect a battery of that size to last 3-4 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, motty said:

I would expect a battery of that size to last 3-4 hours.

Guess I must be lucky , does me enough for a good session out in the fields , got a big car batt I use if I can drive to an area but that hasn’t been out for a while with all this wet weather , don’t want to be making a mess on the borders on farm so it’s what I can carry at mo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Golf buggy battery 20ah, the 18 hole type as opposed to 36 hole (which I guess will be heavier) lasts the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...