"Mad mike Hughes" Death

ditchman

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, gotgcoalman said:

Probably the first person to be knocked down and killed by a train.. at the time of his funeral it was reported that "Cheap and rapid long- distance transport was now possible. if not dangerous" .........perhaps a fitting epitaph for poor old "mad"

On 24/02/2020 at 07:09, vmaxphil said:

Surely it would of been cheaper and safer to just hire a helicopter, go up as high as you like and take a photo?

Im no expert but i don't believe a helicopter or most commercial planes fly high enough to get a conclusive view of the curvature of the earth, I await to be corrected if wrong however.

2 minutes ago, lister22 said:

Better to crash and burn than just fade away🤯

That is only believed by people who crash and burn, not the rest of us.

Just now, 12gauge82 said:

Im no expert but i don't believe a helicopter or most commercial planes fly high enough to get a conclusive view of the curvature of the earth, I await to be corrected if wrong however.

The RAF Lightnings used to go high enough, to about 50000 feet.

15 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

You are right I didn't realise that you have to be over 37000 feet, the easiest way to see the curvature of the earth is to stand on a beach and watch a ship coming over the horizon 

If you stand in the middle of the Makarikari in Botswana you can see the curve whichever way you face. (When you have paid to get there you could fit in a very good holiday seeing some of the greates game viewing Africa), From this you might have gathered that I am a tiny fan.

Tsala sintle, borra.

David.