Lead ban & BASC

1 minute ago, GingerCat said:

lots of wounded birds from idiots shooting at these extreme pheasants

Anyone who is a responsible sportsman should take on board what their combination of skill, gun and cartridge can do - and shoot within that capability envelope.  It is down to the individual to be responsible.  Steel will I suspect need rather more 'personal discipline' in this area.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Evidence is there and lots and lots of them broke the law no idea who but they know who they are, and yes i for one am totally innocent. Its not a moot point clangerman. Shooters shot ducks with lead shot and sold them to game dealers knowing they had been shot with lead. Shoot captains were technically liable i believe but this did not seem to worry anyone very much. It went on year on year. We are clearly not trustworthy so we need protecting from our selves.

that’s them mate not all of us just saying it’s a public domain on here we look like bad enough 

5 minutes ago, Terry2016 said:

BASC and the other 8 organisations do not need input from members about the direction of their organisation this is done via council.

It's not "their" organisation, it is the members organisation. BASC are nothing without the members!!!

6 minutes ago, Terry2016 said:

The fact that 9 organisations have done it must mean its quite substantial.  on many occasions the organisations will have had differing views however, on this it is very clear that they all agree this is the way forwards.  just think about that for a minute. 

Again this is debatable, you believe one story, other believe a different one.

20 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

If deliberate or not it adds up to the same thing you should thank them from protecting us from our selves.

Thank them???

You are joking right!

They are not protecting me from anything, quite the opposite in my opinion. I can see a total ban on lead ammunition coming, especially now our biggest and 'best' shooting organisation is helping it along. :no:

Edit - so it was just a theory then :lol:

Edited by Newbie to this

1 minute ago, Newbie to this said:

It's not "their" organisation, it is the members organisation. BASC are nothing without the members!!!

Again this is debatable, you believe one story, other believe a different one.

If you are unhappy with how BASC and the other 8 org processes work you can leave?  they will still be there.. 

This is not about what I believe, it what has just happened? 

5 minutes ago, Terry2016 said:

If you are unhappy with how BASC and the other 8 org processes work you can leave?  they will still be there.. 

This is not about what I believe, it what has just happened? 

I'm not with BASC, was years ago when I used the air rifle to shoot live quarry. 

I'm with the NRA, as apart from clays all my shooting is at paper.

Edit - I have already said I don't shoot live quarry.

Edited by Newbie to this

2 minutes ago, clangerman said:

that’s them mate not all of us just saying it’s a public domain on here we look like bad enough 

Please dont start pointing the finger at me in that tone of voice. We will be judged as in any walk of life on who we are and what we are, if we the shooting community do not like hearing the undisputed truth about ourselves and what we do and use, them what chance have we got of ever being respected and trusted again.

11 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Please dont start pointing the finger at me in that tone of voice. We will be judged as in any walk of life on who we are and what we are, if we the shooting community do not like hearing the undisputed truth about ourselves and what we do and use, them what chance have we got of ever being respected and trusted again.

???

15 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

I'm not with BASC, was years ago when I used the air rifle to shoot live quarry. 

I'm with the NRA, as apart from clays all my shooting is at paper.

Edit - I have already said I don't shoot live quarry.

Then I rest my case, complaining about a process of an organisation that you do not belong too and a transition that is aimed at live quarry shooting only. 

The NRA was the org to protect pistol shooters many years ago in the UK.. how did that pan out... 

I will leave this there... 

Shoot straight all 

BW 

T

Edited by Terry2016

30 minutes ago, Terry2016 said:

For those who doubt the effectiveness of steel shot, Dave Carrie himself is very impressed dropping duck cleanly at 70 yds plus ( his words not mine) just shows if you can shoot you can shoot.... 

Unless my eyes are deceiving me at 4:31 in the video the cartridge ejected from his gun did not look like the same brass head clear case steel cartridge he was showing at the start, it looked like a nickel head black case. Like black gold in lead.

anybody else care to look.

8 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Thank them???

You are joking right!

They are not protecting me from anything, quite the opposite in my opinion. I can see a total ban on lead ammunition coming, especially now our biggest and 'best shooting organisation is helping it along. :no:

Edit - so it was just a theory then :lol:

Never been more serious in my life, breaking the law so openly and for absolutely no valid reason whatsoever but pure badness,with zero  no regard of consequences impact on other areas of shooting where others comply. Nothing. Selfish people like that will be the end of us its like a cancer one does it others follow suit. its classic monkey see & Monkey do. BASC do a brilliant job defending Lead but we have a HISTORY that those who would destroy us can bring to bear on any negotiations we enter into.  How must it feel for BASC representatives who prepare a brilliant case for Lead only to be dragged down by this history. WE so need to move on we really do.

5 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

???

. COM. :shifty:

6 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

Unless my eyes are deceiving me at 4:31 in the video the cartridge ejected from his gun did not look like the same brass head clear case steel cartridge he was showing at the start, it looked like a nickel head black case. Like black gold in lead.

anybody else care to look.

a reload he was given.

9 minutes ago, Terry2016 said:

Then I rest my case, complaining about a process of an organisation that you do not belong too and a transition that is aimed at live quarry shooting only. 

The NRA was the org to protect pistol shooters many years ago in the UK.. how did that pan out... 

Shoot straight all 

BW 

T

the decision BASC has made will affect all shooters not just BASC members

1 minute ago, rbrowning2 said:

Bigger headlines are made from raptor persecution on shooting estates. Cannot recall a headline regarding lead shot being used rather than steel. But killing of raptors like hen harriers makes big news. These issues are the main cancer.

So what u saying now. ? IT NEVER HAPPENED I MADE IT ALL UP RIGHT?

11 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

a reload he was given.

if he was using Hull Solway steel then he could have taken 90yd ducks as he was using Gamebore steel which are just an "ok" steel cartridge at 70yd ducks:whistling:

12 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

a reload he was given.

how do you know as i haven't watched the whole video?

Edited by andrewluke

1 minute ago, andrewluke said:

if he was using Hull Solway steel then he could have taken 90yd ducks as he was using Gamebore steel which are just an "ok" steel cartridge at 70yd ducks

That is not like you, that was nearly funny if it was not so ...............Er! sad.

i suspect ANDREW you know only too well to what aspect of you post i was appertaining. :mellow:

4 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

That is not like you, that was nearly funny if it was not so ...............Er! sad.

i suspect ANDREW you know only too well to what aspect of you post i was appertaining. :mellow:

I really think that you need to chill mate.

20 hours ago, Terry2016 said:

Shoot straight all 

BW 

T

Not been shooting long enough to remember hand guns.

2nd Edit - Remind me did the NRA call for a voluntary ban on hand guns, :hmm:before the actual ban came in.

If you are nieve enough to think that this will stop with live quarry shooting, then you are more delusional than your 'membership organisations not needing to bother with the members wishes' quotes. Have you ever been in a union? Have you ever known a union (a membership organisation) to go on stike without asking it members? This is how membership organisations are supposed to work!!!

Edit - maybe BASC etc should have only made this decision for their membership, because that's how it works right :hmm: 

This fiasco has opened the door to a total ban on lead ammunition.

I'm voicing my opinion because this decision will affect all shooters!!!

Edited by Newbie to this