A blustery day

Centrepin

First up to shoot at Sycamore today, everybody else hiding in the cabin.

Clays all over, hard to keep the barrels on line. Wind picked up some clays and changed their direction, a right to left crosser became a right to left and back again. Some left to right became hyper fast and going away, well they just went. Almost knocked over by the wind a couple of times and unhit clays became a real hazard.

Managed around 20/30 minutes and then my hands where too cold to grip, my eyes streaming and my nose running. Time to quit.

2 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Bit blustery there today 

well done on getting out and breaking a few 

thanks for posting 👍😊

question if I may 

do you have to have a computer to download the shotcam and upload onto here or can you do it with just a phone? 

The new Shotkam has it's own built in wi-fi. You can download to your phone immediately after the shot to assess where you went wrong. If the weather is ok, this would be ideal and what I plan doing when I go mid week to bigger venues and theres no one waiting to shoot behind me. Your phone has to connect to Shotkam wifi and be within 10 feet of it to download. Once you connect the first time you can set phone to connect automatically. It's dead easy and lots of info on YouTube. Takes about a minute to download and play.

The downside and what they don't tell you is, if you wait till home, each shot or two shots are a separate video and have to be downloaded individually. Once downloaded you have to use a video editor to link them into one continuous video before uploading to you tube. You can't post on a forum like this in the raw state as the file is too big. So you tube and link.

In the short answer to your question, yes everything can be done from your phone. That's all I use. Even at home.

In reality today's half hour of shooting took about 2 hours of downloading, editing and uploading before posting.

The plus side is you can slow the vid to see your miss and understand why you missed. 

If you watch my vid above, I have too much gun movement and take too long to pull the trigger. My excuse today is the wind moving me and the clays and the biting cold.

20200210_210042.jpg

On 23/02/2020 at 19:31, Old farrier said:

Thanks for the detailed reply I’m seriously considering getting one 

many thanks 

of 

They a great bit of kit for reviewing where you missed  if you have a computer there is no need to download just connect the  shotkam to the pc with the cable open and view if you want to save them create a folder and copy and paste you can view the footage frame by frame  but as Center pin says you need some form of video editor to create a video for YouTube to show on here 

1 minute ago, Jacko3275 said:

They a great bit of kit for reviewing where you missed  if you have a computer there is no need to download just connect the  shotkam to the pc with the cable open and view if you want to save them create a folder and copy and paste you can view the footage frame by frame  but as Center pin says you need some form of video editor to create a video for YouTube to show on here 

Thanks for the reply I don’t have a computer so just use the phone I’m tea searching it though 😊👍

On 23/02/2020 at 14:58, Centrepin said:

First up to shoot at Sycamore today, everybody else hiding in the cabin.

Clays all over, hard to keep the barrels on line. Wind picked up some clays and changed their direction, a right to left crosser became a right to left and back again. Some left to right became hyper fast and going away, well they just went. Almost knocked over by the wind a couple of times and unhit clays became a real hazard.

Managed around 20/30 minutes and then my hands where too cold to grip, my eyes streaming and my nose running. Time to quit.

Yep, clays on a windy day can upset the best of shots, looking at the video you are leaving it much to late when picking up the clays, do you shoot with both eyes open? Do you have the gun mounted (in the shoulder) before seeing the clay?

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Yep, clays on a windy day can upset the best of shots, looking at the video you are leaving it much to late when picking up the clays, do you shoot with both eyes open? Do you have the gun mounted (in the shoulder) before seeing the clay?

It depends is the easiest answer.

Sometimes I have to press for myself so I'm always late on them as my local ground has no delays. I load, press, turn, close the gun, mount and shoot.

Generally both eyes open but when the RFD helped fit the gun he said I occasionally have a left eye trying to take over. When I feel this I either squint or try to refocus.

If someone presses for me, my gun is shouldered but mostly pointing down till I say pull. This is due to balance and mobility problems and the fact I struggle to raise my left arm above shoulder height. My son nags me to get the gun up earlier in a hold point and often keeps saying higher  higher till he presses. Its something I need to work on. I'm glad you mentioned it, it backs up what he's been telling me.

If you have balance/mobility problems then I can see it would be difficult for you to shoot naturally, picking the clay up quickly (both eyes open) mount the gun follow through and fire, try mounting the gun with the butt 2-3 inches down and away from the shoulder and the muzzle pointing at roughly the line/flight of the clay, once you see the clay bring the gun fully to the shoulder.  

Pity they do not have voice operated traps.

Good luck, hope the shotkam is helping you see your problems but I guess you already know those. :good:

3 hours ago, old'un said:

If you have balance/mobility problems then I can see it would be difficult for you to shoot naturally, picking the clay up quickly (both eyes open) mount the gun follow through and fire, try mounting the gun with the butt 2-3 inches down and away from the shoulder and the muzzle pointing at roughly the line/flight of the clay, once you see the clay bring the gun fully to the shoulder.  

Pity they do not have voice operated traps.

Good luck, hope the shotkam is helping you see your problems but I guess you already know those. :good:

I'm learning, and I'll give what you said a try tomorrow.  If the world doesn't grind to a halt due to the forecast snow, I'm shooting at Parklodge and they have proper delays, buzzers and some real challenges for me. Hopefully my daughter is shooting too.👍