Beretta not recocking ???.

samboy

Hi gang.

My 3 week old 695 is not recocking for the 2nd shot. About every 5th double. Been using Rc 24g 9 1/2s for Olympic skeet.

So back to the shop tomorrow. Lets see what they TRY any and fob me off with. Watch this space.

Do you mean not re-cocking  , as in when opened and closed the hammers dont cock ,? Or do you mean the single trigger  not changing over to engage and fire the second barrel ?

So the problem is best described as not changing over . 

The reason I ask is that if the gun was to be given to a gunsmith with the instruction that the gun was not "cocking " he would be looking for a very different problem . 

Take it back and say this pile of cack ain't working. 😂 

Now to check, you can swap barrel by switching the selector does this work to fire. 

Or fire first barrel thump butt pad on floor it should swap the inertia block to fire second barrel. 

Or is it just not cocking the second hammer ?

Edited by figgy

17 minutes ago, Gunman said:

Do you mean not re-cocking  , as in when opened and closed the hammers dont cock ,? Or do you mean the single trigger  not changing over to engage and fire the second barrel ?

So the problem is best described as not changing over . 

The reason I ask is that if the gun was to be given to a gunsmith with the instruction that the gun was not "cocking " he would be looking for a very different problem . 

Its cocking ok but after firing the first  shot its not changing over for the second shot.  The trigger goes loose after first shot when it does'nt engage for second .

I'm releasing the trigger ok.

Okay but it happens with Brownings too. Could be the little spring for the inertia block, it's about the only weak point with the Beretta action, or it could be the block isn't moving freely due to too little or too much lube. Berettas are sniffy about some 21g shells, especially Comp X, but 24s should be no problem

This is likely to be the spring. A replacement can be fitted for £50/£60.

The test is to shot off the top barrel and see if the bottom does not reset. A tap on the floor should also do the job.

As it is new, send it back.

If not get a gunsmith to look at it because there is a bit that can be done to fine tune it.

Beretta or Browning. I don't know. Each have their own personality.

28 minutes ago, Westward said:

Okay but it happens with Brownings too. Could be the little spring for the inertia block, it's about the only weak point with the Beretta action, or it could be the block isn't moving freely due to too little or too much lube. Berettas are sniffy about some 21g shells, especially Comp X, but 24s should be no problem

THIS.    Gunshop will put it right. I would suspect overlube when assembled. Parts of the action are greased. One spot on the little spring and you are in trouble.  I lube the action with dry moly.

Edited by DUNKS

46 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

THIS.    Gunshop will put it right. I would suspect overlube when assembled. Parts of the action are greased. One spot on the little spring and you are in trouble.  I lube the action with dry moly.

i was looking thro this thread and straight-a-way i thought too much old oil....strip out ...put in soapy boiling water....wash with paitbrush......dry and very very lightly lube

DUNKS i rekon is spot on...................

trouble is with these threads....is 9/10 times we never hear the outcome.............so keep us up to date please

Edited by ditchman

10 hours ago, ditchman said:

i was looking thro this thread and straight-a-way i thought too much old oil....strip out ...put in soapy boiling water....wash with paitbrush......dry and very very lightly lube

DUNKS i rekon is spot on...................

trouble is with these threads....is 9/10 times we never hear the outcome.............so keep us up to date please

Half a can of brake cleaner does the trick.

Hi gang.

Took gun back to the dealer and after trying a few things out he said there is a problem and it is being sent back to Beretta.

Hopefully it should be back in a week or so.. As soon as i get it back and try it out i will let you all know what happens.

Also what the problem was that's if they tell me.

Thanks for  all replies.